Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have Canelo in your number 1 p4p then you need to have ggg top 3.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
    You've got to be joking. What has GGG done since those Canelo fights? He beat Steve Rolls and in the eyes of your beloved media lost to Dervyanchenko. Two guys who have never been world champions. In contrast Canelo unified at 160 against the #2 ranked middleweight and just knocked out the #2 LHW champion.

GGG fans are DELUSIONAL. Canelo totally mindfcked GGG and his fanbase. They are now actively rooting for Canelo to enhance GGG's legacy. It's sad and embarrassing.
    Bro how can you say that Fielding and Kovalev are any real different difficulty than Rolls and SD...I think you could make a good claim that SD was a tougher fight...Kov looked bad...I give Canelo credit for the Jacobs win...but GGG already had that one under his belt.

Comment

I dont have canelo at number 1 and if I did I wouldn't have ggg at 3 and I'm a ggg fan.i did have him high but he's slipping, he's beginning to look his age and he's made hard work of fighting the elite like Jacobs and canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        If we’re going by what you think happened in the past, then let’s leave Mayweather and Pacquiao up there too? Maybe even Roy Jones?

Cause last time I checked GGG looked like ass vs Derevyanchenko and was given a gift decision. And before that he fought an absolute nobody Steve Rolls. He’s done nothing in his career but have 36 close rounds with Canelo and Jacobs. I also had Jacobs beating him btw. And before clearly losing to Canelo in the rematch he had a safe fight with Vanes.

So that’s Canelo, Jacobs, and Derevyanchenko that have wins over him IMO.

GGG is a top 10 P4P cherrypicker. Sh/t he’s #1 in the regard.
        Lol man...I don't really see how anyone can slice GGG's and Canelo's resumes really at this point...there isn't much between them overall...anyone saying otherwise has been sold a bill of goods I think.

Fielding, JCC Jr, Liam Smith etc all counter your GGG #1 cherrypicker comment lol...I don't see how people can hate on a guy so much who many of those same people acknowledge beat or drew Canelo in their opinion in those 2 fights lol...logically one guy can't be a bum and the other the GOAT...makes 0 sense my friend.

GGG had a tougher fight vs SD than Canelo did vs Kov...but styles make fights, SD is way more active than Kov was...and I would say SD was probably a tougher fight right now than Kov was...I give Canelo props for going to 175 pounds though...but Kov is obviously pretty done...SD's activity would give Canelo fits for sure I think.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          how many of those org's have Golovkin top 3... ?

How does that contradict his post though

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            Bro how can you say that Fielding and Kovalev are any real different difficulty than Rolls and SD...I think you could make a good claim that SD was a tougher fight...Kov looked bad...I give Canelo credit for the Jacobs win...but GGG already had that one under his belt.
            Who else at 160 could knock Kovalev out like Canelo just did? According to a lot of people on this forum Kovalev was winning 7-3 so I guess he wasn't as shot as they're claiming now? Kovalev was a strong LHW champion, he avenged his KO loss to Eleider and dominated Yarde, a strong contender, for 95% of the fight. And you're claiming Steve Rolls is a comparable opponent, a guy who's never sniffed a world title? Come on man...

SD was a tough opponent, I think he won that fight vs GGG, so did a lot of other credible analysts. Due to GGG's weak 2019 he's not even in my top 10 p4p. He's not doing himself any favors fighting Szeremata next.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              How does that contradict his post though

do you need to work hard to be that stupid... ?

all of those org's have Canelo ranked #1... but, how many have Golovkin ranked in the top 3?

aight then... go cry to all of the org's who have ranked Canelo #1, and have ranked Golovkin outside the top 3

Comment

Top 3? This must b a joke and i felt he won twice.

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
                  Who else at 160 could knock Kovalev out like Canelo just did? According to a lot of people on this forum Kovalev was winning 7-3 so I guess he wasn't as shot as they're claiming now? Kovalev was a strong LHW champion, he avenged his KO loss to Eleider and dominated Yarde, a strong contender, for 95% of the fight. And you're claiming Steve Rolls is a comparable opponent, a guy who's never sniffed a world title? Come on man...

SD was a tough opponent, I think he won that fight vs GGG, so did a lot of other credible analysts. Due to GGG's weak 2019 he's not even in my top 10 p4p. He's not doing himself any favors fighting Szeremata next.
                  Hey man whatever you want to think lol...yeah Rolls is comparable to Fielding, that was my point there...I think that version of Kov gets stopped by GGG, but who cares, they didn't fight...but being a sitting duck like that, late in a fight that didn't even have a very high pace...I mean yeah I just thought Kov looked like sh.it...but still again credit to Canelo, that was 2 weight classes up, so that is still impressive.

I think the Yarde fight was competitive before the KO...Kov almost got stopped but bounced back nicely....I think Kov being up (I didn't score it but felt he was probably ahead) had more to do with weight classes making a difference man...even a faded Kov is a tough fight for a guy coming up from 160...Canelo had to be a bit careful for sure...but yeah in general Kov didn't have much going for him. and was just winning rounds on activity...there wasn't a ton of action until the KO really.

Yeah I thought SD fought well...I had it 6-6 originally and then 7-5 GGG on rewatch...SD's activity possessed problems for GGG...that is usually where GGG can pile up rounds himself but SD didn't allow that...I think that same activity would cause problems for Canelo...he will never fight him, not that version of him.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    do you need to work hard to be that stupid... ?

all of those org's have Canelo ranked #1... but, how many have Golovkin ranked in the top 3?

aight then... go cry to all of the org's who have ranked Canelo #1, and have ranked Golovkin outside the top 3
                    Yeah but he is saying that logically since they fought so closely, and Canelo is number 1...that GGG should be around top 3...I don't really care personally...but there isn't much to refute his point...where those orgs rank GGG is irrelevant...he has a point that if Canelo is 1, and most people feel GGG was equal or better than Canelo in those 2 fights, it makes a lot of sense that he would be up there very high himself.

It's irrelevant to me...people who don't like GGG won't like him, those who do will, who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                      GGG arguably won the first among most observers and most fans and 90 percent of media thought ggg won the 2nd fight. Yet somehow canelo is number 1 p4p and ggg is not top 5 in some people's eyes. Makes zero sense.
                      It's P4P, man. There's no rules just pure subjective catshit. Anyone can have anyone exactly where they please. If you want GGG at #1 or #3 on your personal list that's entirely your perogative, but you don't get to make the rules on where other people rank him.

Besides even if you do subscribe to that crap don't you think P4P should be a reflection of where a fighter stands right now, not where they were a year ago? I don't even do P4P but I'd have to say that whilst I saw Golovkin beat Canelo twice I don't think he still could... getting old is a bitch, man.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-08-2019, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X