Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illness before a fight..effects it might have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illness before a fight..effects it might have?

Fighting on Saturday night in a province championship, the Las 2days I have been feeling something coming on, went to the doctor today as I wasn't feeling great and I have tonsillitis..I'm after catching early before I got 2much of a fever and all the bullsit that comes with it..
    Do ye think this has put my whole training down the drain??

I have fought with a hangover once or twice,ha, but this is flu like symptoms,hoping I'm better by Friday evening!!

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
    Fighting on Saturday night in a province championship, the Las 2days I have been feeling something coming on, went to the doctor today as I wasn't feeling great and I have tonsillitis..I'm after catching early before I got 2much of a fever and all the bullsit that comes with it..
    Do ye think this has put my whole training down the drain??

I have fought with a hangover once or twice,ha, but this is flu like symptoms,hoping I'm better by Friday evening!!
    Ahhh ****, that really sucks mate. Sorry to hear it. Drink a ****load of fluids, hopefully you're not having to lose weight or anything, and rest as much as possible. That's your only chance. A few days left, so if you try and kick it now it's possible that you'll be better by then. Might be feeling the after effects of it though...

The obvious effect it'll have is that you'll get tired much easier and feel fatigued quicker. You'll also sweat a lot more, so keep your intake up.

Good luck.

Comment

I would increase water intake, I would also increase vitamin C and Vitamin D, I would take multi vitamins to ensure full recovery, get well soon brother and hope you kick ass in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by AHussain123 View Post
        I would increase water intake, I would also increase vitamin C and Vitamin D, I would take multi vitamins to ensure full recovery, get well soon brother and hope you kick ass in the ring
        ^^^this^^^ and start taking some garlic. You may smell but garlic has antibacterial agents in it. Best of luck and I hope you get well soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          ^^^this^^^ and start taking some garlic. You may smell but garlic has antibacterial agents in it. Best of luck and I hope you get well soon!
          Yes, garlic is very good.

It's pretty much up to your body to heal this though. Your immune system will function better if you get not only physical rest but mental too. For example, I ONLY get sick when I'm under great stress because my immune system weakens. Put yourself in as peaceful/tranquil a state as possible and give yourself a little extra boost via green drinks, vitamins, etc. You don't really improve your cardio any further in the last few days before the fight so rest up instead.

During the fight, your adrenaline will counter most of the ill-effects of the sickness, save for congestion. Be concerned about that and clear out your respiratory system before the fight if needed. Mucenex, vaporizer, etc. If your lungs are coated, you will run out of air quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            I would like to add ginger as well, add some natural ingredients, would green tea be good as well.

Comment

Thanks...
              Some really good reply's here..
              Just about better now, bit of a chest infection still their but getting their.

Comment

Damn that sucks. We have all fought sick before, just gotta suck it up and do your best. As Ronda Rousey would say "you should train to beat the best on your worst day, you should train to be the best while injured".

Comment

How'd you do?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    How'd you do?
                    Through to the next round next weekend
                    Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X