Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring Magazine has moved Khan to #2 at welterweight. Fair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    Khan has no losses at 147,

He has a better resume than Thurman at 147 alone

Porter lost to Brook

Khan beat Devon better, Khan also beat Julio Diaz without needing 2 attempts, he also beat Collazo better than Thurman.

Deal wiv it

Comment

The only one that's beaten a top 5 full time welterweight is Kell Brook so there really is no ranking after that.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Very fair....especially how outboxed 180 lb's Canelo for 5 rounds

After Khan beats Garcia and becomes the WBC champ (the only belt that matters), he can face Manny Pac.

All the angry Khan haters are having a mental breakdown

You can't stop the rise of Lord Commander Khan Snow aka the Prince Who Was Promised
        It's such a shame that you can win by knockouts isn't it?

Moving up paid him $$$, that's all.

Khan has achieved well beyond his ability at both 147 and 155 but only financially

As a boxer he was average at 147 and hopeless at 155.

When did he last hold a belt, 2011?

Comment

Everyone seems to agree that it is beyond ridiculous that Khan is ranked above guys he's lost to, above other champions in the division, above guys who's been in the division their whole careers - despite only having fought one fringe contender in his entire 147 lbs career.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            It's such a shame that you can win by knockouts isn't it?

Moving up paid him $$$, that's all.

Khan has achieved well beyond his ability at both 147 and 155 but only financially

As a boxer he was average at 147 and hopeless at 155.

When did he last hold a belt, 2011?
            "I have never been outboxed"

Comment

With Pac and Floyd gone and Bradley needing a win (I still have him no. 1 though) who is clearly going to supersede Khan? I can only name Brook cause of his IBF belt. Who else? Porter? Possibly. Thurman? No. Spence? No. Algieri? No. Anyone else? No.

So Khan at number 2 isn't that bad. I don't agree with it but then I'd only have him slightly lower.

Comment

Beyond ridiculous

Delahoya owns ring magazine which explains that one

Comment

Khan isnt in the top 6

Entertaining gatekeeper and nothing more

Should retire but needs at least 6 months off before facing a can then a fringe prospect

If still up for it, he will get knocked out by anyone in the top 5 after that

He's done and everyone knew it years ago
                  Last edited by Tomjas; 05-22-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    With Pac and Floyd gone and Bradley needing a win (I still have him no. 1 though) who is clearly going to supersede Khan? I can only name Brook cause of his IBF belt. Who else? Porter? Possibly. Thurman? No. Spence? No. Algieri? No. Anyone else? No.

So Khan at number 2 isn't that bad. I don't agree with it but then I'd only have him slightly lower.
                    Porter has wins over Broner, Malignaggi, Alexander (who was champ) at the weight. Plus lost a MD to Brook.

Thurman has wins over Guerrero, Chaves, Zaveck, Karass, Collazo and Diaz. So on top of what Khan has at the weight, Thurman has all those other guys.

Both of those guys should be ranked considerably higher than Khan.

Add Garcia to that as well. not only did he beat khan, though at another weight, he also beat a guy that beat Khan + Guerrero + wbc belt.

Spence would smoke Khan, so based on that alone he should be ranked higher.

Comment

Originally posted by !VIVA MEXICO! View Post
                      one of the perks of facing CANELOLUJAH you get BLESSED!

so shall you sow so shall you reap

All you who hear/read this today, Do not turn away but go forth and spread that CANELOLUJAH GOSPEL!
                      Blessed, drained, made fatter... same thing sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X