• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    Official GGG / Mayweather tampered gloves/ped use by default thread
    What a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
      Official GGG / Mayweather tampered gloves/ped use by default thread
      Oh snap!!!! Mayweather is a glove cheat too?

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
        Incorrect... There is no such picture. There are a few pictures where it actually looks like there is EXTRA padding right on the knuckles, a roll of padding, these are his custom Grants (same brand glove-detective Floyd uses):

Note how Rosado's left glove (raised) has the same shape on the knuckles. They probably agreed on using the same gloves for this fight since he usually uses Everlast.

It's Cotto fans (the same types who pretend Sergio's knees were "100%") posting it suggesting that his gloves are stuffed with something causing inconsistent shape... As if you can see plaster of paris from the outside of a glove... Or something else equally silly.

Ultimately it originates from an interview with Rosado where he said Golovkin "didn't hit that hard but felt like he didn't have gloves on" whatever that means.

"I do believe that his gloves are different than any other fighter that I've fought before. I could tell you that right now. We both fought with Grants, but for whatever reason his Grants were missing a little more cushion on the knuckles. And we had a problem with that, and they said that the gloves were approved [by the New York State Athletic Commission].

" ... When he hit me in the first round, I just felt straight, solid wraps. It wasn't like it was just the impact of the glove. It felt like a little bat hitting the top of my head. So Triple-G's gloves, Grant definitely makes custom gloves for [him]. So Stevens definitely has to look out for that. ... I've never got cut in a fight. Only by a head-butt, which was four years ago. I got cut twice [over] the same eye in the second round [against Golovkin]. [Matthew] Macklin got cut early in their fight as well. It's just kind of suspect about them gloves."-Gabe Rosado

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          "I do believe that his gloves are different than any other fighter that I've fought before. I could tell you that right now. We both fought with Grants, but for whatever reason his Grants were missing a little more cushion on the knuckles. And we had a problem with that, and they said that the gloves were approved [by the New York State Athletic Commission].

" ... When he hit me in the first round, I just felt straight, solid wraps. It wasn't like it was just the impact of the glove. It felt like a little bat hitting the top of my head. So Triple-G's gloves, Grant definitely makes custom gloves for [him]. So Stevens definitely has to look out for that. ... I've never got cut in a fight. Only by a head-butt, which was four years ago. I got cut twice [over] the same eye in the second round [against Golovkin]. [Matthew] Macklin got cut early in their fight as well. It's just kind of suspect about them gloves."-Gabe Rosado
          Anything to discredit GGG in case your boy Cotto actually fights him and gets his arse beat right?
          Guess the strategy is to attack and discredit early.

You're absolutely pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
            Here is a quote from one of the biggest cotto stans

And about the gloves, even reps from Grant have come out and slammed rosado's comments.

So in order to believe that the gloves are tampered with then you also believe that Grant put the reputation of one fighter before their own company's reputation.

And if you believe in anything as ludicrous as that then that then I think you have different agenda other then the gloves.

I also agree with you that there is way too many racists on these boards and whats even worse is the mods allow it to happen.
            Number 1 im not a cotto stan you GGG cum guzzler. 2 I found that picture I didn't do that myself.

Comment

You understand what would happen if someone got caught with dodgy gloves right?

All gloves are checked before the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                Anything to discredit GGG in case your boy Cotto actually fights him and gets his arse beat right?
                Guess the strategy is to attack and discredit early.

You're absolutely pathetic.
                Stop assuming. It's not good for your mental health

Comment

Grant CEO Rips Rosado Over Golovkin Comments

Elvis Grant Phillips, the CEO of Grant Worldwide, hit back at middleweight contender Gabe Rosado for his recent comments related to the gloves used by WBA/IBO champion Gennady Golovkin during their January fight at the Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden.

Rosado, in a recent interview with BoxingScene.com, questioned the nature of the Grant gloves that Golovkin was using. He felt Golovkin was provided with a different type of glove. Rosado took a beating in the fight, which his corner eventually stopped, and Golovin picked up a seventh round TKO victory.

"Some people can't handle a loss, but to come back eight or nine months later and start pointing fingers...it's pretty sad," Phillips told BoxingScene.com.

"He had the opportunity to use the same gloves, to use Golovkin's gloves. Abel Sanchez told them 'if you think something is wrong, then take our gloves and we'll use the backup gloves.' [Rosado's trainer] trainer was trying them and they said 'no, no, no...we'll use our gloves.' So that's why it's really foolish what Rosado said, but karma is a ***** and it came back [to bite him in the Peter Quillin fight].

"I really hope that he'll retract his statements because his comments were very disparaging and insulting to me and my company and to my integrity which people know is impeccable."

Comment

Stop assuming. It's not good for your mental health
                    Hilarious coming from you. I'm not the one going out of my way posting photos of gloves which by the way look exactly the same as the ones Rosado is wearing.
                    Guess you were too busy hating to notice it.

You're a pathetic Stan who fears Cotto might lose if he fought GGG so your doing your best to discredit him now.
                    Last edited by JJRod; 05-12-2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                      Hilarious coming from you. I'm not the one going out of my way posting photos of gloves which by the way look exactly the same as the ones Rosado is wearing.
                      Guess you were too busy hating to notice it.

Your a pathetic Stan who fears Cotto might lose if he fought GGG so your doing your best to discredit him now.
                      Again, keep assuming. You are looking intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                      X