Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: "My Natural Weight is 153 lbs"... Is Khan Weight-Drained At 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    lol Lucas was not 164 pounds against Dallas
    no, he was clearly clothed and shodden. but he wasn't wearing 10 + lbs of clothes and shoes.

rios used to weigh 15-20 lbs more after his 135 weigh ins. it's not unheard of. matthysse is looking bigger than ever as he ages. he's huge at 140. it's not at all inconceivable that he's putting on 10-15 lbs or more.

when they weigh in "unofficially" they're wearing clothes. maybe even shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Didn't he say in the Diaz pre-fight presser that he makes weight easily?

Why can't Khan keep his gob shut?
      I do remember him saying something like that too, but it might have been a psychological thing where he's telling himself it's easy.

A lot of boxers use similar techniques - like Mayweather's "easy work", then after the fight "it was a hell of a tough fighter".

Comment

Lucas weighed in at 153/154 on fight against Dallas, himself & Showtime clarified that it was a typo.

Comment

he said that in an interview lol, hes too funny. making excuses since hes never been dropped in sparring, not sure how he hasnt humbled himself by now

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            no, he was clearly clothed and shodden. but he wasn't wearing 10 + lbs of clothes and shoes.

rios used to weigh 15-20 lbs more after his 135 weigh ins. it's not unheard of. matthysse is looking bigger than ever as he ages. he's huge at 140. it's not at all inconceivable that he's putting on 10-15 lbs or more.

when they weigh in "unofficially" they're wearing clothes. maybe even shoes.
            He said they made a mistake and he weighed 153.

Comment

150-155 is the normal for a 140 fighter to dehydrate back up to...

Comment

I guess it's possible, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                  He never touched canvas at this weight?

But he never officially fought at this weight...
                  So technically he's right. He has an iron chin at 153 lol.

Comment

Go fight Alfred Angulo or James Kirkland then and prove your chin is so great at the weight.

Comment

So first he drained at 135. Moves up and does good at 140 until he runs into Garcia & Diaz and now hes weight drained again? lol

Khan never runs out of excuses. He wouldn't be so bad if he could just accept a loss for once.

Comment

Working...
                      X