Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Groves is unable to fight in the WBSS finals who would you wanna see replace him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Groves is unable to fight in the WBSS finals who would you wanna see replace him?

Sounds like things are leaning towards Groves will be good to go on June 2, but if he isn't, who would you wanna see fight the Callum Smith vs Jurgen Braehmer winner?

Eubunk Jr? Some other WBSS loser besides the other semi-final loser of course (unless its some epic fight I guess anyway)? Benavidez? One of the Dirrell brothers? Ramirez? Jessie Hart? Who????

Gilberto Ramirez

Comment

I guess it would have to be Eubank. Not that he deserves to be in the final, but it would be a bit of a ****ty tournament if some replacement went straight to the final. They should just go with the semi finalist, who at least progressed to that stage.

of course there's many fighters i'd rather see in the final than Eubank though, but surely it would make a mockery of the tournament if a replacement ends up in the final, even more than having someone that lost in the semi's.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        I guess it would have to be Eubank. Not that he deserves to be in the final, but it would be a bit of a ****ty tournament if some replacement went straight to the final. They should just go with the semi finalist, who at least progressed to that stage.

of course there's many fighters i'd rather see in the final than Eubank though, but surely it would make a mockery of the tournament if a replacement ends up in the final, even more than having someone that lost in the semi's.
        Naw, it'd be worse to have Eubank go to the finals after such an atrocious performance.

Comment

whats wrong with Groves?

Comment

Originally posted by larry mustafa View Post
            whats wrong with Groves?
            F#cked up his shoulder.

Sounds like he will be good, but its not a definite.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Sounds like things are leaning towards Groves will be good to go on June 2, but if he isn't, who would you wanna see fight the Callum Smith vs Jurgen Braehmer winner?

Eubunk Jr? Some other WBSS loser besides the other semi-final loser of course (unless its some epic fight I guess anyway)? Benavidez? One of the Dirrell brothers? Ramirez? Jessie Hart? Who????
              As I said elsewhere...

... They will have to come up with a solid solution to this situation: because the winner of the tournament will be entitled to get something like £8m...

... and what if even the other semifinalist winner suffers from an injury???... they can't simply replace them with the losers or bring fighters from outside the tournament to take the prize money... such "solutions" would kill the very idea of any future tournaments of such sort... right?

Comment

Caleb Plant

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  As I said elsewhere...

... They will have to come up with a solid solution to this situation: because the winner of the tournament will be entitled to get something like £8m...

... and what if even the other semifinalist winner suffers from an injury???... they can't simply replace them with the losers or bring fighters from outside the tournament to take the prize money... such "solutions" would kill the very idea of any future tournaments of such sort... right?
                  I'm actually curious if the money would work out the same for a sub who came in earlier in the tournament, but after the first round, or in the finals. It doesn't seem like it should to be fair to the original participants, but idk that to be correct thinking or not.

But yea this was always the risk to me with the format the WBSS chose with subs being employed. I can see the argument for pushing the finals back to insure the integrity of the tournament or just throwing in a worthy replacement in the finals to keep things moving. I see the good & bad with both options.

All that said for this SMW tournament in particular I don't hate the idea of throwing a high quality sub in (I'd want Ramirez ideally or Benavidez if that couldn't be made) & I think that'd actually be okay for the tournaments integrity since you could argue the finals sub is a guy who'd have been highly welcomed into the tournament at the beginning & ultimately only makes the tournament look better overall with their participation. Granted the trip to the finals out of nowhere isn't a great look, but its not like its the guys fault someone else got hurt & he got the late invite either.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    Gilberto Ramirez
                    Yeah he should of been in it from the jump

Comment

Working...
                    X