Pain/stiff jaw/cheek on left, after being punched on right side of head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain/stiff jaw/cheek on left, after being punched on right side of head

Hi all,
    I had fight few weeks ago and everything was good [im also not sure if its from the fight] as it was all good for about 1/2 weeks and then i had stiff/pain in my jaw/cheek, it was kind of weird feeling as it wasn't pain, as this pain is usually hard to describe, its more like a stiff muscle and when you stretch [in my case bite or open mouth or tense jaw muscles] it sort of huts but also the more you do it the better/kind of more satisfying it is with sort of pain but then it goes away.
    It happening usually in the morning and when i'am about to go sleep [Can't yet figure out why/how in what occasions it happens]

It been happening for over 2 weeks now but recently it disappeared for few days but came back again, but not as strong as before .

I'm just wondering if anyone came across similar situation ?
    Last edited by i3arty; 04-20-2018, 10:34 AM.

Might be some tension in the atlas/ axis area try to rub some warming stuff in your neck

Comment

Originally posted by i3arty View Post
      Hi all,
      Yes i been to my doctor, and said all is fine checked me and i also went for blood test as i thought i'm diabetic but came out i'm not. But im still wondering if anyone experienced similar thing.
      Basically i had fight few weeks ago and everything was good [im also not sure if its from the fight] as it was all good for about 1/2 weeks and then i had stiff/pain in my jaw/cheek, it was kind of weird feeling as it wasn't pain, as the pain is usually it's hard to describe, its more like a stiff muscle and when you stretch [in my case bite or open mouth or tense jaw muscles] it sort of huts but also the more you do it the better/kind of more satisfying it is with sort of pain but then it goes away.
      It happening usually in the morning and when i'am about to go sleep [Can't yet figure out why/how in what occasions it happens]

It been happening for over 2 weeks now but recently it disappeared for few days but came back again, but not as strong as before .

I've had pain like that after taking a good shot. Eventually it will pass.

I remember one time I chewed gum for so many hours that my jaw was sore for the next two days.

Comment

Originally posted by i3arty
        Yeah luckily its going away now, not as severe as it was before, now its just like 2/10 in pain scale before it was 8/10 when it was most painful.
        Just as I said, it would go away eventually just give it some time.

Comment

Originally posted by i3arty View Post
          Hi all,
          Yes i been to my doctor, and said all is fine checked me and i also went for blood test as i thought i'm diabetic but came out i'm not. But im still wondering if anyone experienced similar thing.
          Basically i had fight few weeks ago and everything was good [im also not sure if its from the fight] as it was all good for about 1/2 weeks and then i had stiff/pain in my jaw/cheek, it was kind of weird feeling as it wasn't pain, as the pain is usually it's hard to describe, its more like a stiff muscle and when you stretch [in my case bite or open mouth or tense jaw muscles] it sort of huts but also the more you do it the better/kind of more satisfying it is with sort of pain but then it goes away.

It might be TMJ. Get an appointment with an ENT.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            It might be TMJ. Get an appointment with an ENT.
            I forgot all about TMJ, good catch.

Comment

Is it pain or injury? Also, how many rounds have you put in since said bout?
              Last edited by Rockin'; 12-04-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X