No announcement yet.

Golovkin is going into the longest period of inactivity in his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin is going into the longest period of inactivity in his career

During the Jacobs negotiations that kept getting pushed back his fans were worried about his inactivity. Some saying he should just fight anybody rather than waiting on Jacobs. But suddenly there is no concern for GGG's activity. No calls for him to fight Derevyanchenko or Jermall Charlo instead of waiting on Canelo. No calls for a Jacobs rematch instead of waiting on Canelo. If the Canelo fight does get done GGG would have been out of the ring for 8 months. Why didn't he have an interim fight? We all know that Canelo fight wouldn't happen until May. So why not take on Derevyanchenko or Jermall Charlo or Jacobs or Andrade? Why aren't his fans complaining about his long layoff now?

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    During the Jacobs negotiations that kept getting pushed back his fans were worried about his inactivity. Some saying he should just fight anybody rather than waiting on Jacobs. But suddenly there is no concern for GGG's activity. No calls for him to fight Derevyanchenko or Jermall Charlo instead of waiting on Canelo. No calls for a Jacobs rematch instead of waiting on Canelo. If the Canelo fight does get done GGG would have been out of the ring for 8 months. Why didn't he have an interim fight? We all know that Canelo fight wouldn't happen until May. So why not take on Derevyanchenko or Jermall Charlo or Jacobs or Andrade? Why aren't his fans complaining about his long layoff now?
    It's kind of late now don't you think. We're in January and the fight is in May. Canelo took his time making the rematch.

Comment

He should have done IMO... if Canelo decides to put it off til Sept or it falls through for some reason Golovkin will have been sitting on his ass growing older for no reason. Course, we all know why not - the $s on the Canelo fight are too big to risk missing out on - but, myself I woulda prefered to see him keep busy. We don't know what the circumstances are regarding negotiations with Canelo though - I recall Oscar saying flat out that if GGG took the Saunders fight in Astana last year then Canelo was off the table so it's possible something like that is going on. If that is the case I'd rather GGG just gave Oscar the finger and went his own way... but he won't cos y'know.. the $s.

Frankly though I no longer give much of a fuck. GGGs career is winding down and he will do what he will do, can't really blame the guy for taking the cheque if that's what he wants.

Comment

Alvarez stalled the May fight so that he can he make it in May!

Comment

Could be a good thing. Fighting and training 4 times a year take a toll on the body especially in your mid 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            He should have done IMO... if Canelo decides to put it off til Sept or it falls through for some reason Golovkin will have been sitting on his ass growing older for no reason. Course, we all know why not - the $s on the Canelo fight are too big to risk missing out on - but, myself I woulda prefered to see him keep busy. We don't know what the circumstances are regarding negotiations with Canelo though - I recall Oscar saying flat out that if GGG took the Saunders fight in Astana last year then Canelo was off the table so it's possible something like that is going on. If that is the case I'd rather GGG just gave Oscar the finger and went his own way... but he won't cos y'know.. the $s.

Frankly though I no longer give much of a fuck. GGGs career is winding down and he will do what he will do, can't really blame the guy for taking the cheque if that's what he wants.
            I agree with everything you said especially giving Oscar the finger.

Comment

I am complaining about his inactivity. I want him to fight more. But I am not going to whine about him holding out for a rematch with Canelo. Every other fighter you mentioned would jump through hoops to fight Canelo. So you can't criticize him for doing something other people would do.

I just wish he would fight more often. I think he performs better when he's more active.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

The first part I don't understand on gs part why worry about risking nelo payday 2.0 if your undefeated and a heavy handed ko artist couldn't he drum up another wade level opponent just to keep sharp.

To me it smacks of his body is failing him reflexes and ability to train hard for long I think he's on his last legs fighting fitness wise and is getting discouraged about his ability to take more chances and prevailing so he's just after a payday at this point can't see him becoming unified middleweight champ now the time has passed he's 36 in april and fighting nelo the month after. Its a joke tbh was a big fan of golovkin but he's being gbps little b1tch just sitting on the sidelines getting fat again he'll turn up to a conference for this next fight with that red suit on again rocking his triple chin look.

Comment

He isn't black either.

Dude can't get nothing right.

Comment

More importantly,

Abel: "Golovkin's work ethic is dedication to be the best, he's always in the gym."

Realistically, whether May is a green light or not, meaning if Canelo were to withdraw from a rematch, and Golovkin still plans to unify, he knows fully well that being tip top only benefits him.

Again, GGG was still in the gym with the same time as now waiting for Nelo when the Jacobs fight was still a go.

GGG is fooling his fans. He's ready to retire shall he lose to Canelo by KO. That will crush his soul and pride

Comment

Working...
                    X