Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Ortiz next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really doesn't matter what people want or don't want. Team AJ calls the shots and he will fight whoever he wants and sell the place out and make another huge paycheck. It seems very unlikely he will fight the Wilder vs Fury winner next and it probably won't be Ortiz because he is Wilder's left overs. I am guessing he fights Whyte next.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing that fight, although I know it will never happen. Ortiz vs Povetkin would be a good fight as well

Comment

Stop hyping up 43 y/old Ortiz desperatly just because he’s the only remarkable win of Wilder’s whole resume.

Comment

Personally I would prefer Ortiz than fighting Whyte again. But having said that we all know Ortiz adds no marketing value to the fight while Whyte does have big appeal in the U.K.

Comment

Too much risk for little to no reward. It'll never happen.

Comment

Why? I think there are probably 3-5 fights I'd rather see Joshua in than Ortiz. I'd rather see Ortiz get a career defining/career best W to earn another big fight vs just throwing him in with the best guy after catching a L to the 2nd best guy (or vice versa if your rankings differ from mine).

I mean I wouldn't say its a bad fight, but I'd rather Ortiz earn his way back + & more importantly get a big W vs a top 10 guy first & there are bigger & better fish to fry for Joshua so why waste his time with Ortiz when Ortiz probably doesn't deserve another title shot just yet.

If you wanted to see Wilder vs Ortiz II I'd understand that better cuz there is an argument to make that fight was so close Ortiz deserves a rematch & fans deserve & could be cool with seeing that one again too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                Ortiz Vs. Povetkin on the undercard of Wilder/Joshua: Make that happen
                Probably not a bad fight to make on the Wilder vs Joshua undercard, assuming it happens anytime soon, or not. Ortiz might be the #1 boogieman at HW, but Povetkin is probably the #2 boogieman. So neither is likely to get another fight as good as each other at this point with both catching L's to title holders.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  i'm a little tired of watching old geezers get beat up.

The saddest part about this is that a prime ortiz would prob run heavyweight. A prime povetkin would have out boxed joshua, a prime wlad would have easily stopped or outboxed johua
                  Smiles... I hate to hear a prime this a prime that. Where has he been all these while during his prime? Did he just started boxing? Where was he when all the belts were vacant?
                  You guys make too much of silly excuses about been prime.
                  When exactly was Ortiz primed, who did he beat and what did he achieve?

Stop all these prime rubbish.... Nobody waits for you to prime, you have to catch up with the division. The division doesn't wait for you to prime.

Comment

Only in Wilder fangirl land should the heavyweight champion of the world fight a guy lower ranked than his last two fights and who's coming off a KO loss

Absolutely pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                      i'm a little tired of watching old geezers get beat up.

The saddest part about this is that a prime ortiz would prob run heavyweight. A prime povetkin would have out boxed joshua, a prime wlad would have easily stopped or outboxed johua
                      Why didn't either of those guys run the division when they were in their prime then?

Comment

Working...
                      X