Why aren't there Dr Strange movie thread yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't there Dr Strange movie thread yet

Saw it over the weekend. It was good.

Liked the trailer, have not seen the movie yet.

Comment

It was good not the best Marvel movie but the special effects are top notch. One movie not too see high.....

Comment

Because the movie sucked....big time. I've already made my position clear in the "Rate the Last Movie you've seen" thread but I will re-iterate my opinion here as well.

* Benedick Cumberpatch: a very good actor; however he uses a dumb ass American accent here that makes him sound like someone else. Why? It would have been fine to speak in his own voice. You go to the movie to see and HEAR Cumberpatch and you get someone else. False advertising.
        * Rachel McAdams: the mole on the left side of her face continues to grow. They drape her hair over it most of the time, but it's still disgusting. Probably cancerous.
        * Tilda "The Human Grubworm" Swinton: awful casting. Who could possibly believe that she could kick ass?

* Mads Mikkelson and Chebacca Ejiofor: very fine actors, wasted here completely.

* Plot: Straight from The Dark Knight. Hero goes to Nepal to learn the secrets of the universe. As my 1 yr old grandson says "bla bla bla"

*Action: Using light coming from hands instead of light sabers. Basically stolen from Star Wars.

* Falling down buildings: Seen it already in Inception. Nothing new here; move along.

* Flying through space and time: done many years ago in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

* CGI: so what? running around with stuff exploding all over the place. Big freaking deal. Been done a million times before.

The wife (who is a big Dr Strange comic book fan) and I went to a theatre to see it but it was sold out. So we went home and I streamed it off Kodi. I'm glad I didn't waste a dime on this crap.

Comment

Heard good things about it, but I think I'm a lil burned out on superhero ****. Plus I don't know **** about Dr. Strange the character or read a comicbook with him in it so I have no investment in this character...although I guess that could be a positive.

Comment

Working...
          X