Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More intriguing! Kessler vs. GGG @168 or Kessler vs. Kovalev @175?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More intriguing! Kessler vs. GGG @168 or Kessler vs. Kovalev @175?

Both are great fights that I would watch. If you had to choose one and one only, what would it be? I'm leaning towards Kessler vs. Kovalev. What do you got?

Even at this stage of his career, Kessler would easily be Golovkin's best opponent.

Kovalev is a little too big for Kessler and with the Hopkins win, I feel it would be something of a step down for him.

Comment

Kessler versus Kovalev? What a ridiculous idea.

That's like asking who would win between Wlad and Carl Froch.

Kovalev puts Kessler in a hospital and gives him severe health problems.

Comment

Kessler was a great fighter but I'm not massively intrigued by the prospect of him facing anyone these days.

But of those two, definitely Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
          Kessler versus Kovalev? What a ridiculous idea.

That's like asking who would win between Wlad and Carl Froch.

Kovalev puts Kessler in a hospital and gives him severe health problems.
          Haha.. Nice analogy.
          But who knows? If Froch magically catches Wlad, he's done.

Comment

He'll get wiped out by both. I'd rather see him against GGG cause he'll have a size advantage so that might make things a bit more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
              He'll get wiped out by both. I'd rather see him against GGG cause he'll have a size advantage so that might make things a bit more interesting.
              He hasnt been wiped out of thoroughly dominated by anyone in his career, he would be golovkins toughest test by faaar

Comment

Prime Kessler would crush Golovkin, but I'm not sure now, let's see if he returns to the ring and how he does.

Comment

Kessler vs Golovkin would be more compatetive match

Comment

Kessler tried moving up to LHW when he fought Allen Green by being less restrictive on his diet and still weighed under 170lbs, he's too small for LHW and even talked about moving to 160lbs to fight Mayweather this year.

Kessler even at 36, is shot. He can't pull the trigger when he has openings anymore, and his whole thing was controlling guys with his jab. It'd be a slaughter against Golovkin right now. Thus the reason Sauerland states it would be expensive for Kessler to fight Golovkin & Danish papers stating atleast $4mill in the US.

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...r-clash--77672

Best career option for Mikkel is to fight Sturm/Steiglitz/Abraham (ie. the German senior tour).

Comment

Working...
                    X