Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali is the best? hits harder than foreman and lennox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
    Not really. Holmes went on to fight at the highest competitive level of boxing for another ten years, beating Mercer, and being taken the distance with both prime Holyfield and prime McCall never being stopped or knocked down again since then. Sure, he wasn't as fresh against Tyson as against Shavers but I think the whole "Holmes was a shot old man" stuff really gets overblown to discredit Tyson and big up Shavers.

Never said that, I just said Holmes wasn't in his prime against Tyson. While against Shavers he was. Just cuz you not in your prime doesn't mean you're shot old man. It just means you not in your prime.

I would also say that Holyfield, Mercer, and McCall didn't hit as hard as Tyson did. Nor did they hit as hard as Shavers either IMO.

Yeah, yeah, course it's probable. But you're missing my point which is that a lot of fighters simply can't be trusted regarding what they say. So many people said that Foreman was the hardest hitter they faced that it almost became unfashionable to do so. It became a competition to see who could come up with the catchiest and most imaginative quote. Yet these were frequently fighters who were beaten worse shortly before or shortly after facing him. Were they telling the truth?

Fair enough

Yeah you're welcome to that opinion, but name me one knockout of Foreman's that was more devastating than the second Rahman fight.
    But, Rahman didn't really have an iron chin either. I think Foreman KO over a much better fighter in Michael Moorer could be argued that that one shot was just as devastating and considering the age much impressive. However, like Rahman, Moorer chin at HW wasn't granite.

I would say this I never seen Lennox dominate with pure power against a great fighter like Foreman did against Joe Frazier. That was like 5 knockdowns in just 2 rounds against an undefeated legend.

Comment

Originally posted by prophet larryx View Post
      briggs was 220ish then hes a 260+monster now..id say he can take more punishment now
      briggs was more gassed against lewis because he went guns a blazing in the first round making himself an easier kayo victim. anyway,,,vit doesnt hit as hard as he used to. he is 39 yrs old ya know

Comment

Foreman hits harder than both lewis and VK,we know this.We also know that vitali isnt as good as lennox lewis,remember briggs was saying these things after taking lots of hard shots to the head

Comment

vitali doubled briggs' purse from 5 dollars to 10 dollars just for saying that

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            vitali doubled briggs' purse from 5 dollars to 10 dollars just for saying that
            LOL i thought something like that. Not in a literal sense but if Briggs doesn't retire he will be allowed to be in a future K2 undercard.

Comment

Just saw LL v Briggs last 2 rounds. and LL seemed like he couldnt miss Briggs face.
              Didnt Briggs learn the basic slip moves.? But Briggs wasnt neccesarily better against LL. He might have trained harder for Vitali.

Comment

Working...
              X