Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Joshua but I truly believe he wont beat Tyson Fury.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Joshua but I truly believe he wont beat Tyson Fury.

I am prepared to eat crow in this prediction. That if they fight, an in shape fury will shut Joshua down at worst 9-3 and at best 12-0, and could probably stop them.

Reason why, Speed, reach, defense, punch selection. Fury just as more arsenal on his game, and he has some hand speed also. Fury got clipped by a big right hand and he wasn't wobbled, Joshua got clipped but got dropped, and Fury was never was in a situation where he was in the verge of defeat and Joshua was in more than a couple of times.

I see AJ catching Fury with shots and finishing the job by the 8th round max. I respect your opinion though & hopefully we'll find out.

Comment

Tyson dont have no pop in his punches... Wlad is a KO artist, he puts people to sleep the way he connects ... He rocked AJ a few times but AJ recovered and proved he's got a good chin!! AJ showed hes got a few dirty sly tricks too,he pulled Wlad head down and hit him with that uppercut - it was a great move similar to Fury v Cunnigham

Comment

aj wont be able to get enough shots of with furys movement and feints, he will be outworked and carrying all that muscle wont be good for his cardio as was seen in the middle rounds of the klit fight

Comment

Well Fury first needs to beat his weight, drug use and drinking before he can beat Joshua. Make no mistake, Wlad gave Joshua one hell of a fight, but Wlad is an in shape old man who doesn't do drugs or drink and he was motivated to win because of his poor performance vs Fury. Fury was motivated to beat Wlad, but that wasn't an all that performance, let's face it. 86 punches landed over 12 rounds against a 39 year old past prime fighter is ridiculous. Joshua, although he took some hits and nice right hand that put him down, showed how to beat a HOF'er and take the torch like a heavyweight.

Fury may be a broken soul by the time he gets in the ring with Joshua and everyone will come up with excuses but i'm calling it now, Fury needs to lay off the drugs, booze and bad diet. No pro fighter has been able to really regain control of his career after going down that path. If Fury can I would be very surprised.

Comment

Tysion better be in the shape he was when he beat wlad to beat josh

Comment

I think Fury's style works well for Joshua. That is not a guarantee he wins, because Fury still presents a huge amount of problems for any heavyweight out there. Fury is also, and this is often overlooked, the least flawed heavyweight out of the top guys.

I can see Joshua winning the early rounds with ferocity and dynamism, and like any opponent who goes up against Joshua, they have to be able to handle the power first. If Fury can, I see him working his way into the fight from the middle rounds.

At this point Joshua would have slowed down a step, and just enough for Fury to start using his skills, height and reach to start racking up some rounds with extra activity. Joshua could be hurt and wobbled at certain points during this phase of the fight. Fury is not a big puncher, but he hits hard enough to be respected and can hurt a fighter with a less than stellar chin, or someone who attacks irresponsibly.

I think Joshua will get a second wind at some point in the second half of the fight, and take a close UD in a bit of a back and forth war. I do think that Joshua has such an equaliser with his punching power that he could take Fury out in any round. I think Fury could also take Joshua out in the second half of the fight.

I think Joshua just has a style which creates exciting fights no matter who he is fighting. They might be less dramatic though, if he is able to iron out some of his flaws, which I wouldn't put past him. The scary thing about him is that I actually think he is quite far from reaching his ceiling. His stamina will probably get better, his ability to pace himself correctly, and generally I think some of his technical flaws will improve just from being in camps sparring and with more fights. Its whether he can maintain his confidence and winning streak through his learning curve which will be the key to how far he can go.

Comment

I don't have much faith in Fury because he gave up his title. At the top level a boxer has to be at his best both physically and mentally. AJ loves boxing and is dedicated to being the best boxer he can be. If Fury's heart isn't in boxing anymore he won't train or fight as hard as he should. If Fury is just as good as he was before and has the desire he had before he could probably beat AJ. His work rate and stamina is much better than AJ's. Fury is smart and tricky so he might avoid getting hurt in the early rounds. He could take over in the later rounds and win on points,

Comment

Depends if fury can even get back in shape.

Even if he does, styles make fights AJ will charge forward and go for broke, he's not the same as Wlad.

Be a great fight though, not sure who i'd pick.

Comment

I don't think Tyson will ever be in good shape again. And even Then Idon't know if he has ever been in good shape. But, people are sleeping on Hughie, I think he could shock the world once his career get going. I believe he would have beaten Parker easily and probably has the best movement in the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X