Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im a huge cotto fan but im worried cause...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What concerns me is that he has completely convinced himself that Margarito fought him with plaster. Now that could be good in the sense that it makes him more confident.....but I hope that line of thinking doesn't make him ignore tactical errors he made in the first fight.

If he's thinking "I was winning last time until the plaster hardened so I'll just do what I did last time and this time he won't hurt me with punches" he is so fcuked.

Comment

I'm not too worried about that. If it so happens that Margarito beats him again, all that means is that Margarito has his number. Howerer I'm sure Cotto wins. Margarito just doesn't seem that strong anymore since just before the Mosley fight, strange.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        What concerns me is that he has completely convinced himself that Margarito fought him with plaster. Now that could be good in the sense that it makes him more confident.....but I hope that line of thinking doesn't make him ignore tactical errors he made in the first fight.

If he's thinking "I was winning last time until the plaster hardened so I'll just do what I did last time and this time he won't hurt me with punches" he is so fcuked.
        This is so true...I think he's got something to prove and I hope that gives him the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post

Exactly. Putting all his eggs in one basket and believing 100% that Margarito cheated on him is risky. What happens when he feels those blows again just like in 2008? He's screwed.

Even if Margarito used plaster (an issue I never like to bring up when considering factors in this rematch), pressure is Cotto's kryptonite.

Remember how we all (or most of us anyway) thought Cotto was "boxing beautifully" against Shane Mosley in the final 2-3 rounds of the fight. It wasn't until the Margarito fight, and the Clottey fight, and the Pacquiao fight, that we realized when he's boxing it usually means his gauge is nearing empty.

The Clottey fight he edged, in my opinion, but Clottey lost it but not pressuring more in the final 2 rounds. It was there on the table. You have to admit, though...even when Cotto's on his last legs boxing he still manages to have some success. The thing with Margarito is that out of Margarito, Clottey, and Pacquiao...Margarito has the BEST chin out of those three and puts on the most effective pressure.

What happens on December 3rd should be veeeeeeeeeery interesting...I can't wait!

Comment

after all cotto's been saying man, if he doesn't win this fight - it will take a great deal internal fortitude to live a successful life if he loses IMO. i mean, getting a seat for his father ringside, swearing to his deceased father that he will win this fight and just really bashing margs. he better not be banking that margs used plaster and go with what really happened, he succumb to the pressure margs applied. a win here means EVERYTHING to both these guys. stakes couldn't be higher.

this thanksgiving im thankful for mexicans in boxing.

Comment

hes not a ww anymore. hes outgrew the weightclass. he looks sick coming in at the weighin. he comes in at 153-154. his conditioning is way better. it seems hes able to keep the pace strength and hand speed as the rounds go on.

Comment

Working...
              X