Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should they change the voting age to 30, that way ignorant little children don't vote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
    I said nothing about age limits and I think TS is an idiot for making this thread.

Call me whatever you want, I'm just trying make another point worth considering.

18 is a good age to vote, I just think a basic civics test for all ages is worth considering.
    Blaze I knew you were going to respond to my post, but what I said wasn't directed to you . It was directed to more of the bigotry type (I honestly didn't read your post before mine but I could just imagine you're more of a conservative than anything else.) conservative.

They pose as bigots solely to piss the regulars off.

Besides you gave me green k regarding posters that should retire..& he wasn't even a poster if I remember correctly.

tehe

I do understand to a certain extent where certain people shouldn't vote. Solely due because they'll simply vote for the color of their skin cough cough obama or just something that somehow impacts them as in marijuana becoming legal or something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLORSKATES View Post
      Blaze I knew you were going to respond to my post, but what I said wasn't directed to you . It was directed to more of the bigotry type (I honestly didn't read your post before mine but I could just imagine you're more of a conservative than anything else.) conservative.

They pose as bigots solely to piss the regulars off.

Besides you gave me green k regarding posters that should retire..& he wasn't even a poster if I remember correctly.

tehe

I do understand to a certain extent where certain people shouldn't vote. Solely due because they'll simply vote for the color of their skin cough cough obama or just something that somehow impacts them as in marijuana becoming legal or something to that effect.
      I hear you man. I made that post in response to the other guy and saw your post right after mine, so I assumed you were talking to me. lol

I didn't get pissed because I remember the conversation and green k you gave me the other night. So I know your cool, maybe just a misunderstanding.

I am conservative on certain issues, but I am actually more of a liberal than anything. I am no bigot or troll, I just like to hear opinions without getting into some flame war between posters.

Comment

I hear you man. I made that post in response to the other guy and saw your post right after mine, so I assumed you were talking to me. lol

I didn't get pissed because I remember the conversation and green k you gave me the other night. So I know your cool, maybe just a misunderstanding.

I am conservative on certain issues, but I am actually more of a liberal than anything. I am no bigot or troll, I just like to hear opinions without getting into some flame war between posters.
        It's wishful thinking to go to an online forum and avoid a flame war..unless you go to lucasforums (stars wars **** - dont ask don't tell )

As I've said before I've never voted and probably won't for a while, but the only thing I see valid in helping myself is a conservative in office . Solely due to them being headstrong with military & who knows they may badger the branches (particularly the USMC) into being more lenient on **** so Americans can enlist.

That's the only time I see myself hoping for a Republican . Politics are beyond me now . I may have aspired to lead at one point, but I'd rather lead with the knowledge I've been taught rather than knowing who's who.

& Your avatar (whatever the jargon is now) is rather gnarly...looks like a Predator got ahold of a foe he deemed worthy to skin, but not worthy enough to rip with the spinal cord & skull from .

<------- scifi-ish person over sch'nere.

Comment

It's wishful thinking to go to an online forum and avoid a flame war..unless you go to lucasforums (stars wars **** - dont ask don't tell )

As I've said before I've never voted and probably won't for a while, but the only thing I see valid in helping myself is a conservative in office . Solely due to them being headstrong with military & who knows they may badger the branches (particularly the USMC) into being more lenient on **** so Americans can enlist.

That's the only time I see myself hoping for a Republican . Politics are beyond me now . I may have aspired to lead at one point, but I'd rather lead with the knowledge I've been taught rather than knowing who's who.

& Your avatar (whatever the jargon is now) is rather gnarly...looks like a Predator got ahold of a foe he deemed worthy to skin, but not worthy enough to rip with the spinal cord & skull from .

<------- scifi-ish person over sch'nere.

Flame wars are almost impossible to avoid. But online, I try to act the way I would in real life. No one just calls anyone a faggot out of nowhere in real life, lol. I am actually nicer online than in real life most of the time.

Politics are a pain, that's why I try to avoid online debates, because it gets so heated there's no constructive arguing, just ego battles that get personal.

It's hard enough debating boxing online. lmao

The avatar is from Hellraiser. Classic movie.

Comment

Flame wars are almost impossible to avoid. But online, I try to act the way I would in real life. No one just calls anyone a faggot out of nowhere in real life, lol. I am actually nicer online than in real life most of the time.

Politics are a pain, that's why I try to avoid online debates, because it gets so heated there's no constructive arguing, just ego battles that get personal.

It's hard enough debating boxing online. lmao

The avatar is from Hellraiser. Classic movie.
            I look at political debates the same as the commercials vouching for a certain candidate - mudslinging & nothing else.

Is Hellraiser where Pinhead is from ?

I only saw like the beginning of one movie and that was forever ago.

Comment

I look at political debates the same as the commercials vouching for a certain candidate - mudslinging & nothing else.

Is Hellraiser where Pinhead is from ?

I only saw like the beginning of one movie and that was forever ago.
              My history teacher told us the same about debates. That's why college professors are so cynical, in a funny way.

Yeah, Pinhead is from Hellraiser.

Part 1 and 2 are the best. 3 is pretty good, the rest were so-so or totally sucked.

Comment

I was using college students as the example because like you said, they should more than likely have more political knowledge than the general population but doesn't change the fact college students, or many Americans in general don't know have basic knowledge of history or government.

71% of Americans failed the civics knowledge test;
                51% of Americans could not name the three branches of government;
                The average score for college seniors on the civics knowledge test was 54.2% (an “F” by any standard);
                The average student’s test score improved only 3.8 points from freshman to senior year;
                Freshmen at Cornell, Yale, Princeton, and Duke scored better than seniors on the civics knowledge test.
                79% of elected officials that took the civics knowledge quiz did not know the Bill of Rights expressly prohibits the government from establishing a religion.
                30% of office holders did not know that “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” are the inalienable rights referred to in the Declaration of Independence.
                27% of politicians could not name even one right or freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment.
                43% did not know the purpose of the Electoral College.
                39% of lawmakers believe the power of declaring war belongs to the president.
                The average score for college professors who took the civics knowledge quiz was 55%.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....ic-civics-test
                thats a hard test with alot of tricky questions made to confuse you.

like the debates between lincol and douglas were about

a. slavery
                b. the morality of slaver
                c. the expansion of slavery
                d. the education of slaves

there was like 7 different debates and they pretty much touched on all of that. but no.....the answer is the expansion of slavery that they debated.....

and i bet half the people here thought i was talking about Fredric Douglas....

really who even cares about Stephen Douglas.....

still passed just barely with a 67%

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  thats a hard test with alot of tricky questions made to confuse you.

like the debates between lincol and douglas were about

a. slavery
                  b. the morality of slaver
                  c. the expansion of slavery
                  d. the education of slaves

there was like 7 different debates and they pretty much touched on all of that. but no.....the answer is the expansion of slavery that they debated.....

and i bet half the people here thought i was talking about Fredric Douglas....

really who even cares about Stephen Douglas.....

still passed just barely with a 67%
                  Yeah, some are a little tricky. Passing is passing.

67% is good. Average citizen scored only 49 and college educators scored 55.

I got 72, and I just took a Poly Sci class last semester.

But I was in hurry, because I wanted to respond to your post quickly, lol.

Comment

Yeah, some are a little tricky. Passing is passing.

67% is good. Average citizen scored only 49 and college educators scored 55.

I got 72, and I just took a Poly Sci class last semester.

But I was in hurry, because I wanted to respond to your post quickly, lol.
                    Ive been out of school for about 8 years, im happy with my 67.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                      Ive been out of school for about 8 years, im happy with my 67.
                      Yeah, I guess were both smart enough to vote. lol

I said it would be an interesting idea for mandatory civics test for voters, but not a test as tricky as this one.

I saw one test that was much simpler and it was also used for a college study. Couldn't find it so I just posted that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X