No announcement yet.

The Official Lavar Ball master thread!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
    it's gotta be photoshopped. He looks like a pez dispenser, I was waiting for a piece of candy to come out.
    Pez dispenser lmao

Comment

• Seems like a non-issue turned into an issue for no apparent reason. Just more "fake outrage".

So what if this loudmouth wants to sell his shoes for $500?

Comment

• I don't understand why anyone cares or gets upset with lavarr ball.. the guy is harmless, and there are much more important things to get upset about in society.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I don't understand why anyone cares or gets upset with lavarr ball.. the guy is harmless, and there are much more important things to get upset about in society.
          I hear you.

But I heard a point somebody brought up about this that I agree with.

If these joints came out with a 100-150 dollar price tag, would anybody be talking bout this?

Probably not.

But you have every single talking head on ESPN and whatever outlet people listen to or watch about sports talking about it.

For free, basically.

People want to throw in whatever goddamn bullshit they want about why they are behind it, but to me, it's a nothing but a smart hustle.

People need to stop blowing this up as some kind of "movement".

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Would his children be as popular as they are now if it weren't for him? Lonzo is a good player and a first round draft pick. He isn't the best college player but he's the most known because of his father. His two kids in high school aren't the best players in high school but they're the most known because of their father. He came on the scene hyping his kid up. All he talks about is how great of players his kids are. His whole routine is to let the world know the Ball kids are the best out there and they're about to be a dynasty. The media wasn't letting his kids shine so he made sure his kids got shine.

What stereotypes are you talking about? Be very careful listening to what people say about him. Vitale said he's the worst thing he's seen in his 38 years at ESPN. This is the same Vitale that defended Pitino on the sex scandal at Louisville with he was doing culpable and Louisville is about to get sanctioned. Scandals have followed Pitino everywhere but Vitale think Lavar ball is worse than him. George Raeveling, Nike executive, said Ball is the worst thing to happen to basketball in 100 years. Think about that for a minute. Think about all the scandals I'm basketball the last 100 years.

Now think about what Ball is essentially trying to do. He's trying to take power from the corporations and put it in the hands of the players. Instead of sponsorship he wants part ownership. Like the guy said. People don't buy "Nike" they buy the "Jordan's" "LeBron's" "KD's" They're buying the likeness. They've sold their likeness. Ball is trying to leverage likeness into ownership instead of sponsorship. If these other players start thinking like Ball it's gonna change the power structure. This type of thinking is dangerous and a threat to those in power. That's why they're trying so hard to turn people against him. He has no criminal record so they can't bring out that old trick. He's educated so they can't say he's stupid. He's financially well off so they can't say he's using his kids to make money. That's why they're coming out with hyperbole like he's the worst thing to happen to basketball in 100 years.

If he has any success they're going to teach him a lesson and that lesson will be conveyed to others who might attempt to think like Ball. And that lesson will be "n*gga, know your place".
            Goodness Gracious if I could enshrine this post into " One of the greatest of all time" post I absolutely would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              I don't understand why anyone cares or gets upset with lavarr ball.. the guy is harmless, and there are much more important things to get upset about in society.
              seriously. and its not as if people HAVE to buy them. thing is, how long before we hear people getting jacked, or worse, over them ?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                he'd probably have made 10X that for a signing bonus on his shoe contract. those contracts can be in the tens to hundreds of millions.

this was a completely boneheaded move by a kid listening to an idiot father.
                You're putting the cart before the horse. Lavar isn't looking to be sponsored, he's looking to be PARTNERED. He wants to own his own name, not license it out to a corporation. He's upsetting the Apple cart and it is pisssssiiinngg people off

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  I hear you.

But I heard a point somebody brought up about this that I agree with.

If these joints came out with a 100-150 dollar price tag, would anybody be talking bout this?

Probably not.

But you have every single talking head on ESPN and whatever outlet people listen to or watch about sports talking about it.

For free, basically.

People want to throw in whatever goddamn bullshit they want about why they are behind it, but to me, it's a nothing but a smart hustle.

People need to stop blowing this up as some kind of "movement".
                  hes a marketing genius. This shoe thing was clearly planned long ago before Nike and them decided not to sign him. Lavar played the media like a fuking fiddle

Comment

• No hate from me. This is America - this country is founded on entrepreneurs doing their thing.

Instead of playing the hand he was dealt, he's made his own hand. Props.

Those ugly ass shoes are worth whatever the market is willing to pay.

I like his idea of trying to put more power and money into the hands of the athletes.

But the real question is - is this just a trend/fad because a bunch of people saw him on TV? Or will his brand actually turn into a legit player?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      You're putting the cart before the horse. Lavar isn't looking to be sponsored, he's looking to be PARTNERED. He wants to own his own name, not license it out to a corporation. He's upsetting the Apple cart and it is pisssssiiinngg people off
                      Can I see some receipts of how pissed off anybody should be?

Or is "black excellence" tied into Lavar Ball throwing out those price tags?

Because I'm not seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X