Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo-Golovkin Happening Right When I Said!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo-Golovkin Happening Right When I Said!

LAS VEGAS Oscar De La Hoya has taken a lot of criticism from frustrated boxing fans and skeptical reporters over the long-awaited Canelo Alvarez-Gennady Golovkin showdown. They simply didn't believe, based on how Alvarez avoided Golovkin in 2016, that De La Hoya was telling the truth when he promised his promotional company's cash cow would finally fight Golovkin this September. Once the fight was officially announced in the immediate aftermath of Alvarez's 12-round domination of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena, De La Hoya didn't hesitate to gloat.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whatever Oscar - the fight is happening because your boss Canelo told you to make the fight. Just a few weeks ago Oscar was still coming up with excuses not to fight Golovkin in September (the Jacobs fight was too close/not a good performance by Gennady, threatening if Gennady fights in June there is no fight, etc.). If it were up to Oscar, he'd have his cash cow, his only fighter generating Golden Boy money, fight more Liam Smith's, Khan's and Chavez's of the world.

Comment

Canelo is coming off of wins against Chavez Jr and Khan - GGG just beat Jacobs and Brook. Khan was outboxing Canelo in that fight until he went to sleep. I have GGG winning a close but clear decision, especially pulling out the late rounds as Canelo fades like usual.

Comment

"I hope Tom answers his phone Monday..."

-Oscar de la Hoya, May, 2016

What was that you were saying, Oscar?

Comment

lol ur prev offer 15 mill 10 mill was bull**** right, its just verbal contract
          anyway i hope it'll be real war and not a fraud like chavez jr-canelo

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
            Canelo is coming off of wins against Chavez Jr and Khan - GGG just beat Jacobs and Brook. Khan was outboxing Canelo in that fight until he went to sleep. I have GGG winning a close but clear decision, especially pulling out the late rounds as Canelo fades like usual.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Whatever Oscar - the fight is happening because your boss Canelo told you to make the fight. Just a few weeks ago Oscar was still coming up with excuses not to fight Golovkin in September (the Jacobs fight was too close/not a good performance by Gennady, threatening if Gennady fights in June there is no fight, etc.). If it were up to Oscar, he'd have his cash cow, his only fighter generating Golden Boy money, fight more Liam Smith's, Khan's and Chavez's of the world.
              Yeah, I'm sure canelo felt like the time is right that's why the fight has been made now. He definitely calls the shots not Oscar. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a partner at golden boy if he beats GGG

Comment

Danm some of you guys are STILL complaining boxing fans will never be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
                  Danm some of you guys are STILL complaining boxing fans will never be happy
                  So for you lying over and over to the boxing fans for 1 year and half is funny? but you will be less happy when you will see your idol lying on the canvas.. (if you are a Canelo's fan)

Comment

Yup the time is right . GGG is a little slower and older now.

Comment

Working...
                    X