Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor: F*** Mayweather's Manager, I Hold All The Numbers!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So McGregor keeps telling the media over and over again that he wants to fight Floyd. McGregor then gets a boxing license in California. When asked, Mayweather's promoter said Floyd was enjoying life and not even thinking about McGregor or anyone else to fight. So then McGregor, says. yea he isn't thinking about Floyd either. He just keeps mentioning him while Floyd is on a beach in the Bahamas! rofl Get outta here man. Floyd made what $250 million for one fight? McGregor wants Mayweather type money. Problem is to be in UFC you have to sign your body and your soul to Dana White. Let's see McGregor get to where he can fight Floyd without getting Daddy Dana's permission first. Now, Connor is starting to look kind of pathetic, with his begging Floyd to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I'd still say you & the anti-PBC guys are jumping the gun. Granted you could be right at the end of the day (we just aren't at the end of the day yet), but I say its too early to tell.

Anytime you are trying to change the marketplace its rarely an overnight change & its never an easy change when the power structure of an industry are so ingrained as they are in boxing. I believe its clear there are huge problems with the old model.
      By their own reckoning, if they haven't pulled it off by the beginning of 2018 then it's not going to happen.

Given their record to date, what do you think the chances of that happening are?

I think the 'anti-PBC' gang have been right from the beginning. They said that the shows had to be losing money, and that's been established. They said that Haymon was blowing through eye-watering sums of cash, and that's been established. And they said that PBC needed to grow its ratings quickly or the show was over, and now that has been established.

The counter-argument all along has amounted to little more than "Al's a genius. He went to Harvard." It can be labelled anti-PBC if people prefer but it's better than being opposed to reality. Three years of boxing have been sacrificed for the sake of this venture. A very small number of people have made out like bandits, at the expense of the sport as a whole.

Comment

I agree with this man. FUK gayweather jr and al hymie's tranny protection services. anyone who doesn't agree can kiss my hairy ass!!!
        Last edited by GMAN SUPREME; 12-05-2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Conor would make a good house boy for Floyd like a mini man half pint servant in a leprechaun outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            By their own reckoning, if they haven't pulled it off by the beginning of 2018 then it's not going to happen.
            Thats been known since about the Summer of 2015 when that first article with that Ryan Caldwell(?) guy commenting iirc came out that more or less outlined their plan. They've openly said this current stage of their plan is a 4 year plan. Thats 2015 to 2018.

Given their record to date, what do you think the chances of that happening are?
            I think they've spent more money than they planned to, but idk what their accounting sheet looks like so idk how over they are on what specifically so idk how easy or difficult that will be to correct or amend.

I know they've been the "irrational player" in the market just like they said they were going to be so this was the plan it just was more costly then expected. If they pivot their plan I don't see why they couldnt correct things (I suspect bigger fights going to Showtime at a bigger clip than initially is part of that pivot) that could get them back on the right path & could also extend that 2018 timeline out a year or two to give them more time & a greater chance at success.

Anyone starting a business isn't usually on a do or die plan that can't be changed to give them a better chance of success if plan A doesn't go exactly according to plan. I think based on some of these court docs that PBC didn't go exactly as planned thus it'd be a lil silly to stick to the exact same plan with no alterations.

I think the 'anti-PBC' gang have been right from the beginning.
            That anti-PBC gang have been saying PBC boxing sucks since before the first fight lol. Its the weirdest thing that such a sizable segment of boxing fans are openly rooting for this risk taking plan to potentially make boxing bigger to fail. And they've been claiming PBC was going out of business or already out of business, several times with some cats lol, since the beginning. There have been very few anti-PBC guys talking intelligently about what the PBC is attempting & how risky their goal was from the start. Its just been hating on a piece of boxing for the sake of hating on a piece of boxing. Its just been a weird thing to me with those guys.

Three years of boxing have been sacrificed for the sake of this venture. A very small number of people have made out like bandits, at the expense of the sport as a whole.
            And this is the thing that gets nuts even from a more rational cat like you. How has 3yrs of boxing been sacrificed? PBC has put on more competitive fights than anyone in the US for sure. PBC has probably had as many if not more top guys fighting as HBO (I mean even HBO PPV has had a few bs fights this year), the face of boxing for most fans. The landscape of boxing has problems far beyond anything PBC has introduced in the last 21 months its been around.

Who's making out like a bandit? A few fighters who've gotten 1M instead of the 500k or 750k they might have deserved? I mean I guess even as a Erislandy Lara fan I think its safe to say PBC has done right by him in some people's minds since he's fought guys who can't carry his jockstrap for 1Mish since PBC started which is maybe the nuttiest PBC move besides paying Hanz Zimmer for some ****ty intro music.

And ultimately I think Haymon's thesis is right. The model of boxing needs to be flipped to a market that works more like the NFL or any league where the best compete against the best way more often than in boxing. These powerful promoters are never going to agree to work together for the betterment of boxing for very long ever cuz there is too much upside in doing business in house where any particular promoter holds all the cards. So boxing needs to be put under one umbrella of fighters with promoters being "owners" of such a league of elite boxers. Thats going to happen sooner or later if PBC is able to accomplish it or not cuz it makes all the sense in the world & it'll start having boxing make sense to more fans who see boxing as a huge clusterf#ck right now & going back for years at this point.

/rant
            Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-05-2016, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
              When Floyd was 28 he fought a journeyman in Gatti and made 340k buys.

and by the way no MMA fan that watches the sport says Conor is a poor man's Mayweather.

Gatti was the light welterweight world champion. Far from a journeyman. You clearly don't know what a journeyman is so don't use the term if you don't know what it means.

And at 28 Floyd was richer than Conor is now. Don't be fooled

Comment

Working...
              X