Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julio Cesar Chavez Sr: Canelo Will Wait Until Golovkin Gets Old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez was a great.

Comment

Damn, Canelo, you just got son'd by the great JCC. If that doesn't wake you up to the fact that you're an absolute embarrassment to boxing and Mexico, then you need to retire right now. Canelo's the godamn MW Lineal/Ring Champ and he's not ready for the 'challenger' to those titles!! Shame, Canelo, Shame.

Comment

Alvarez and GBP realize that at the end of the day, being a Mexican warrior gets you nothing but comped tickets at big fights and free drinks at the bar when your career is over. Fans will talk about who you didn't fight or who beat you no matter what. As such, they are taking the low risk high reward route much like Team GGG has in not moving up. To me, JCC assesses both fighters appropriately.

Here is the question for those who scream Alvarez is scared the loudest. If Alvarez is scared, and Golovkin will assuredly win easily, why do you want to see the fight? If Golovkin is focused on unification and not business fights, why does he mention Alvarez more than WBO title holder Saunders?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          Alvarez and GBP realize that at the end of the day, being a Mexican warrior gets you nothing but comped tickets at big fights and free drinks at the bar when your career is over. Fans will talk about who you didn't fight or who beat you no matter what. As such, they are taking the low risk high reward route much like Team GGG has in not moving up. To me, JCC assesses both fighters appropriately.

Here is the question for those who scream Alvarez is scared the loudest. If Alvarez is scared, and Golovkin will assuredly win easily, why do you want to see the fight? If Golovkin is focused on unification and not business fights, why does he mention Alvarez more than WBO title holder Saunders?
          Why do I want to see the fight? Because Alvarez is the Middleweight Lineal/Ring Champion, that's why. Damn, I thought it was pretty clear to most boxing fans.

Comment

Canelo is a damn shame we all know that Julio

Comment

There needs to be an official way to strip a lineal champion when they pull stunts like this.

MW championship is now being held hostage & GBP own the ring magazine. Crazy!

Comment

Canelo be like I'm really starting to hate Mexican boxing fans.

Comment

jcc should worry about jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                    There needs to be an official way to strip a lineal champion when they pull stunts like this.

MW championship is now being held hostage & GBP own the ring magazine. Crazy!
                    Lineal titles are bs in this era where money is far & away the most motivating factor for most fights to happen or not happen.

That said isn't a lineal title stripped if a guy leaves the division? I thought there was something like that as a rule that could put in a new lineal champion & basically strip the ****ty lineal champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Lineal titles are bs in this era where money is far & away the most motivating factor for most fights to happen or not happen.

That said isn't a lineal title stripped if a guy leaves the division? I thought there was something like that as a rule that could put in a new lineal champion & basically strip the ****ty lineal champion.
                      The lineal titles are "lineal titles" even today -- and Canelo holds those "lineal titles" (which are on the record)...

Comment

Working...
                      X