Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is there to dislike about Gennady Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    LacedUp do you think Degale could beat Triple G?

Obviously he hasnt moved up yet, but from what you see thus far, will he be a problem for the likes of Degale, Dirrel and other SMW's not named Ward?
    I don't know. I definitely think GGG is on a whole other level skillwise, but with the size difference, and Degale is a good sized SMW, it's hard to say because we haven't seen GGG at SMW and I don't feel like he's a SMW now or ever.

He would obviously be a problem for all of them, and probably beat some. I'm not sure he goes up to SMW and becomes undisputed champion, but it could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by microMXL View Post
      If he were black and "flashy" he would have millions of fans
      Its a part of it IMO. Some of his fans are over the top, his trainer can be a dick, but even with that being the case if his name was Gennady Jones and he was fighting out of DC there would be ZERO threads on this.

Comment

he doesn't wear enough fubu

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Pretty much this.

Every boxer at the level GGG has gotten to has fanboys & its hard to like any fighters fanboy type fans. But I'd still argue every fighter at the level GGG has gotten to, has hater fans. Its sorta a built in thing to have fanboys who think the sun rises & sets on your balls & the hater fans who's day starts & ends with trying to discredit their target once you reach a certain height in the sport. Both are equally delusional.

I think for anyone being reasonable & who just loves boxing its almost impossible to not like if not love GGG. The guy is f#cking adorable when he talks (no ****), he's a great immigrant story (which everyone still eats up I think) & he gots a style that is extremely fun & fan friendly to watch. I think K2 has followed a very Pacquiao type road with getting GGG to where he's at now & I believe Saturday was a testament to its success thus far.
          I get it, but I don't understand the logic. What do fighters' fans have to do with them? I just ignore all the fanboys and enjoy the fighters themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
            Because HBO is backing him and they don't have the same roster as Showtime (besides Canelo, who was only recently acquired by them)

Broner was on a similar level of hype and popularity to GGG before GGG blew up and HBO started losing a chunk of their stars.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that most of the GGG haters on here are black and Fl0mos?
            Broner was with HBO and they built his entire career, and really tried hard. In the end, they willingly passed on him. Why? Because it wasn't value for money.

When did Broner sell out a 15k arena as the one bringing the fight fans to the table? When did he fight a no name and draw in that kind of crowd or viewing figures? At the height of his career with HBO he brought in 1.4million viewers and a 3k crowd. Good, but Golovkin is smashing those numbers and he's not even american!

What I dont think is a coincidence is every time there's a thread like this, you're the one mentioning colour. Not the so-called haters.

Comment

... Golovkin is neither a humble and/or a nice guy - even if he poses those babyface and candid smile...
              He only feels uncomfortable with his badly broken English...

The guy used to be in a ghetto gang in Karaganda, but he managed to changed with discipline and hard work... And because h is "gifted", of course...

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                I don't know. I definitely think GGG is on a whole other level skillwise, but with the size difference, and Degale is a good sized SMW, it's hard to say because we haven't seen GGG at SMW and I don't feel like he's a SMW now or ever.

He would obviously be a problem for all of them, and probably beat some. I'm not sure he goes up to SMW and becomes undisputed champion, but it could happen.
                I also have my doubts about him moving up to SMW and being so dominant

Like you said, the size thing could play a big factor. Also some of the guys at SMW are far more skilled and seasoned than the guys Triple G has faced thus far.

There will be a big jump in skill level, it will be interesting to see how he copes with the challenges that await him at SMW.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... Golovkin is neither a humble and/or a nice guy - even if he poses those babyface and candid smile...
                  He only feels uncomfortable with his badly broken English...

The guy used to be in a ghetto gang in Karaganda, but he managed to changed with discipline and hard work... And because h is "gifted", of course...
                  Wasn't that 15+ years ago?

Comment

They dislike him because he's white and un'Murrican.

There are also a couple of really ******ed Golovkin fans on this board who embarrass the rest. I'm still not sure if they're 12 year olds with man-crushes or Andre Ward fans in disguise.

Comment

What is there to dislike about Gennady Golovkin?

For Fraud fans: He's not black.

Everyone else that doesn't like him: His trainer and fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X