Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time is passing by so fast....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Time is passing by so fast....

I was reading this interesting piece on the perception of time. How as you get older, you perceive time as going faster and that having children makes it even seem that much faster still.

Since I turned 30, it seems like my life is literally flashing before my eyes. When I was a kid, my birthdays would take an eternity to come, it lasted forever. Now the weeks are like days and the months are like weeks, it's crazy.

I can't believe it's 2013, I can remember the whole Y2K ordeal and that seemed but a few years back. It's hard to believe it was almost 15 years ago.

Fuk man, life is really short. To those of you that are in your 20's, don't waste it away. Do what you want NOW and think about relaxing later. I can't stress that enough.

My daughter is fully grown almost, my nephews that I used to beat their ass and change their diapers are now married with kids and running around like they own the world.

I will be 40 soon...yet I feel like I'm 25. Oh and look it because black don't crack but brown isn't far behind

I heard it's because there are less new experiences, so when you look back at the "number of stuff that has happened" list in your head there's not as much, or it's repeated so it's less significant.

If you still have the article can you post the link please? Seems interesting.

Comment

Im 26 and feel like I lived 70 years.

Comment

"Time is passing by so fast"

Comment

Aye, what Barny said.

I laid in bed the other night and had a think about life... I'm 21 years old. If I lived till 80, that's 1/4 of my life gone already and that seems scary. But on the other hand, I've been alive for 183960 hours. In that time I could've watched 367920 boxing bouts (if the average time for each was 30 minutes).

It's hard not worry when you simplify your life into fractions and we'll never comprehend our own end. But you should use this as a wake-up call to experience everything you possibly can, do things you wanted to but never have. I feel like humans just fall into a groove, become robots and time passes them by.

I think as well that old people (even older than you Cua ) shorten their lives when they reach a certain age and just 'wait' for the end. Why aren't there more older people exercising? That 93 year old bodybuilder is a perfect example, it's like they give up... I understand some have medical problems but I will ensure that I exercise regularly at the age of 60...70...until my legs crumble to dust and my joints seize up, I'll make sure I keep my heart exercised.

So in conclusion, you may have lived half your life or less already. But think of what you've done and what you could do, don't look at in a fraction, look at in hours and think about what can be done in an hour. Optimism keeps you alive longer too.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            I heard it's because there are less new experiences, so when you look back at the "number of stuff that has happened" list in your head there's not as much, or it's repeated so it's less significant.

If you still have the article can you post the link please? Seems interesting.
            Interesting.

I think this combined with the fact that I get so busy with work, time just flies by.

Comment

I have a list of crap I really want to do before I die and it's not very long.

1. Get a Phd in Physics > 2. Do some research > 3. Find out/Prove/Explain/Hypothesize something new.

4. Invent some sort of insta-toaster that allows the user to choose toasting level to incredible precision.

I think it's doable, I'm already thinking about plans for the insta-toaster idea.

Comment

5 star thread!

I'm 28 and I feel like time flies so fast, I can't even remember much of 2012! LOL!

I remember when I was still a boy and I can't wait to grow up, everyday I think of what should I do, who should I be when I grew up.

I agree to Barnburner, maybe because of us being more focus on our jobs, etc that we don't think much of what we've been experiencing in our lives, not like when we're childs.

Comment

I hear you Cua, I noticed it after having children more then I did before. Months and years just zip by.

Who remembers how long the 6 week summer holidays used to feel when school broke up? It seemed an eternity

Demize, don't give up when the joints and legs have broken in your 70's, acquire stem cells and HGH and crack on like a 19 year old all over again

Comment

Fack bro! the title of your thread made me feel old

I hear you I remember celebrating my 30th birthday not long ago and when I woke up I was already 35
                    one kid in high school already asking me about getting her first car
                    where da **** did time go???

Comment

Working...
                    X