No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Marciano vs Tyson Fury

Who wins when an compact unstoppable force meets a movable immovable mammoth object?

This is 15 rounds in a arena with no AC!

Who do you think wins and why?

Marciano was a face first light heavyweight. ****ing Charles Martin would lay him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Marciano was a face first light heavyweight. ****ing Charles Martin would lay him out.
      Don’t you dare disrespect one of the GOAT’s!

Marciano would’ve gotten rid of Martin in the first round, Martin isn’t good on his back foot and is so slow!

Rock was the Tasmanian devil in the flesh inside the ring!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Don’t you dare disrespect one of the GOAT’s!

Marciano would’ve gotten rid of Martin in the first round, Martin isn’t good on his back foot and is so slow!

Rock was the Tasmanian devil in the flesh inside the ring!
        No, I give Martin a great chance this isn't the 1940s, he was really a super middle just not cutting weight.
        moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          I would favor a lot of LHW beating Marciano. Let alone HW

Comment

Dude, Marciano gets smoked. Not just by Fury but most heavyweights the guy was 85-86kg for goodness sake. Fury has like a 10 inch height advantage plus not to mention Fury's ridiculous reach advantage too

Comment

Mismatch. Fury destroys him.

Comment

100 lbs. weight advantage. 17-inch reach advantage. It's like a man versus a child.

Comment

marciano is a heavyweight the same way pluto is a planet and vhs tapes are cutting edge technology.

Comment

I mean, you're asking a bunch of people who know no history or physics, even simple elementary physics confuses these ****s.....hell, SI's that sound similar throw them into a frenzy of confusion. They're not bothered with learning history either.

They allow their perspective on boxing to be dominated by hand-me-down knowledge passed by word-of-mouth despite every goddamn one of these lazy and overly opinionated fans being from cultures that have moved away from oral history a few millennia ago due to its pitfalls and inability to share quality information.

So, yeah, common knowledge, popular belief, whatever you like to call it, causes some cognitive dissonance in your average boxing fan.

I've been ****ting on "power is something you're born with" being the absolute peak of scientific statements for a while now so let's change gears to one more in-line with the current subject.

Weight divisions were not created to save small men, small men dominated the period where there are no weight divisions so much so that you'd be hard pressed to find a single contender above 6'5" from 686 BC to the 1910s...you know right, when weight divisions began to be formalized.

Man has not evolved. Larger men boxing today is not a sign of evolution, if it was that **** would be all over, the debate would be over and the Christians would be forced to update their mythos. The growing average size of man is a testament to our industries, medicines, and societietal goals not proof of evolution. There is no man alive today too big to have been alive in 1780.

What does this tell you? I did not say you'd be hard pressed to find history of a man 6'5" or better from 686 BC to 1910, I said you'd be hard pressed to find a contender. I said the average sized man dominated the sport when they were allowed to fight big men. Then I made claim to the size range of man as a species having been unchanged while the average size of living men has been going up.

Both history and science agree on this point, just like the power point, the average sized man is average sized for a goddamn reason. It took evolution, or God, whatever, a little bit of work figuring out which form can survive the most adversity best.

The reason why 175lbs dominates the HW division for over a thousand years is because for over a thousand years big men were brought into deep water by heavy output they cannot, do not have the metabolism to, keep up with and eventually exhaust themselves to death.

The same reason you've never seen a man shaped like Wlad run across a nation. He can't, he'd get killed trying.

It's actually a massive disadvantage in life to be huge.....duh....just like it's a massive disadvantage to be a dwarf, or mentally handicap, or obese, or a skinny **** what struggles to gain weight.

There really isn't much to go in way of big men being more dangerous for the small man than the small man is for the big man except for what I opened with; unchallenged, unanalytical, orally passed theory that doesn't hold water to science or history.

I'll give youse a final thought on it. The natural reaction to a larger creature is fear, that's why cats make themselves bigger. It's natural and instinctive and so an easy sell, but, where is the history for it? Where is the science? Where is the precedence?

I am a HW fan. I'm a fan of the big men, it is more exciting boxing and I'd much rather watch them KO one another then watch them follow a 175er around until they're tired, but, history is history....science is science....these men this size of modern HWs got their asses brutally handed often by the upper end of average sized men for an absurd period of time under a ****load of various rules and systems.

---------------------------------

So do I think the single greatest puncher of all time KO's Tyson Fury? **** yeah, of course I do. The constant pressure is something Tyson can not keep up with even if he wanted to. He's too large, his body cannot generate energy as quickly as Marciano's and we're talking about the Rock here; he don't stop punching. The crouch adding height distance and forcing Tyson low if he wants to land any damn thing would drain Fury even quicker, and, the line of sight is something Fury needs to learn before some random fool KO's him. That phantom overhead right of Marciano's would make one appearance. Plenty of hooks, plenty of overhands, but once the overhead came out you'd damn well know it's over. Fury KO's himself in this one.

If you can't speak to me about the past thousand years of boxing history or spit some science at me....may as well save your time. I've probably been told the hand me down info you want to tell me. I do not care. Bring me some facts and I'll change my tune.
                    Last edited by Marchegiano; 03-10-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X