No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder's power is grossly overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder's power is grossly overrated

In boxing, you're only as good as your last fight and after Wilder's first rd stoppage of Breazeale - most idiots out there have started overrating Wilder's punching power. And the hyperbole is beyond ridiculous right now.

Now, let's examine Breazeale who's notorious for getting knocked down multiple times in every fight after AJ destroyed him. After AJ, he fought Izu Ugonoh. Izu scored multiple knock downs against Breazeale but the same guy just got exposed by a Polish factory worker to be a tomato can. Before the Wilder fight, Breazeale went life and death with Carlos Negron and the same Negron just got absolutely destroyed in the 1st rd by a bummy 39-yr old light heavyweight who isn't even ranked top-20 in the light heavyweight division, lol. Breazeale is a tomato can and Wilder's victory against him isn't impressive.

Now back to Wilder: for a guy who punches like a mule and is allegedly the biggest puncher in history (hyperbole by delusional Wilder fans, lol), how come Uber drivers like Molina (9rds), Szpilka (9 rds), and Duhaupas (11 rds) were able to last that many rounds in the ring with him? How come he couldn't knock out a terrible boxer like Stiverne in their first fight and had to fight for 12 rds? Even a 58-yr old Ortiz took his supposedly lethal right hand multiple times and kept getting up until age became a factor in the 10th rd. And a chinny Tyson Fury who was inactive for three years took Wilder's best shots and got up multiple times.

Wilder has power but the hyperbole about him punching like a mule is utter nonsense. The guy has just been well matched throughout his career to make him look better than he's despite still being a terrible boxer. Guys like Rivas, Dillian Whyte, Chisora, Andy Ruiz, Parker, Povetkin, and even Kownacki would walk through his right hand and spark him out clean since Wilder is chinny.

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
    In boxing, you're only as good as your last fight and after Wilder's first rd stoppage of Breazeale - most idiots out there have started overrating Wilder's punching power. And the hyperbole is beyond ridiculous right now.

Now, let's examine Breazeale who's notorious for getting knocked down multiple times in every fight after AJ destroyed him. After AJ, he fought Izu Ugonoh. Izu scored multiple knock downs against Breazeale but the same guy just got exposed by a Polish factory worker to be a tomato can. Before the Wilder fight, Breazeale went life and death with Carlos Negron and the same Negron just got absolutely destroyed in the 1st rd by a bummy 39-yr old light heavyweight who isn't even ranked top-20 in the light heavyweight division, lol. Breazeale is a tomato can and Wilder's victory against him isn't impressive.

Now back to Wilder: for a guy who punches like a mule and is allegedly the biggest puncher in history (hyperbole by delusional Wilder fans, lol), how come Uber drivers like Molina (9rds), Szpilka (9 rds), and Duhaupas (11 rds) were able to last that many rounds in the ring with him? How come he couldn't knock out a terrible boxer like Stiverne in their first fight and had to fight for 12 rds? Even a 58-yr old Ortiz took his supposedly lethal right hand multiple times and kept getting up until age became a factor in the 10th rd. And a chinny Tyson Fury who was inactive for three years took Wilder's best shots and got up multiple times.

Wilder has power but the hyperbole about him punching like a mule is utter nonsense. The guy has just been well matched throughout his career to make him look better than he's despite still being a terrible boxer. Guys like Rivas, Dillian Whyte, Chisora, Andy Ruiz, Parker, Povetkin, and even Kownacki would walk through his right hand and spark him out clean since Wilder is chinny.
    I think BangEm is obsessed with Mr Wilder. Deontay is the last thing you think about as you fall asleep, you wake up with a boner thinking about him then come on here and start ANOTHER thread about him.

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
      I think BangEm is obsessed with Mr Wilder. Deontay is the last thing you think about as you fall asleep, you wake up with a boner thinking about him then come on here and start ANOTHER thread about him.
      Mate, you’re a Scot and you wear skirt (my bad, kilt, lol)...pull up your skirt and stop showing your arse on the thread.

Comment

Location checks out.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

This is the stupidest thing you've ever posted. Wilder basically kod Fury & kd him twice,he literally sparked out everyone hes faced(fury survived barely) which has never been done before with a hw with so many fights,& the only reason Bumverne lasted 12 rds was because Wilder literally broke his hand

I am the furthest thing from a Wilder fan but to act as if he isn't by far the most powerful puncher atm & an atg in power is just rétárded,& to add insult to stupidity you are claiming a list of roided bums like kowniaky,Dildo whyte etc.would ko Wilder.

And yes kowniaky is roided too.

If you think Wilder doesn't have extreme power then why did he basically ko fury whom toyed with klitsc

Comment

I mean...he didn't even knock out Charlie Zelenoff if we're being real.

Comment

Show me another heavyweight champion with a 95% KO ratio

Comment

His power is overrated in the sense that there are nonsense claims from his fans calling him the GOAT puncher, which he is not. But he is nevertheless the hardest puncher of this era.

Comment

He's a very hard puncher. I don't think his power is overrated. Obviously an opponents defense can negate that power. I root for Wilder but I do think that there's a lot of heavyweights of all time that simply wouldn't get hit with his stuff.

Comment

These are fair points for sure

But his opponents always get hurt when he lands clean. Tough to say. I would like to see Parker Vs Wilder, someone with a very good chin. That would give me a real indication of how hard he hits

Comment

Working...
                    X