Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! DAZN screwing over Canelo and Andrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Hearn and DAZN bother signing Andrade then, they knew his style before the signing. I almost feel like Andrade would have been better off with PBC and the "154lbs moving up to 160lbs" options.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Wish they'd screw me over for a few $100 mil.

Not quite sure why Canelo didn't apply for an exception though if the belt actually mattered to him. Last I heard GGG and Kovalev had been approved but Boo Boo hadn't been completely ruled out

Regardless... dudes taking DAZNs money and they want him to fight GGG.. not quite sure why he doesn't just get it out of the way. Consensus is probably that he wins clearly this time, regardless of how you saw the previous two.

Seems to me maybe Canelo / GBP is flexing a little to just show 'em he can't be dictated to, but what impact (if any) that will have on his earnings or who has most leverage here isn't fully clear just yet.
      Almost everything reported seemed like Canelo was disinterested in the Derevyanchenko fight. He also let the WBC title go and picked up whatever the hell he has now instead so who cares about unifications any more if he doesn't seem to care about straps himself. And like you said, he could have applied for an exception.

I'm done feeling bad for multimillionaires......

Comment

This is fuking stupid.

So DAZN was perfectly fine with him fighting fielding but now says Andrade is not good enough? Andrade has a belt, since when is a unification fight not good enough? DAZN approved GGG fighting a cab driver for fuk sake.

He already fought GGG twice, who wants to see that chit again. We know the ending before it even starts, another close Canelo decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Almost everything reported seemed like Canelo was disinterested in the Derevyanchenko fight. He also let the WBC title go and picked up whatever the hell he has now instead so who cares about unifications any more if he doesn't seem to care about straps himself. And like you said, he could have applied for an exception.

I'm done feeling bad for multimillionaires......
          I thought Kovalev was Canelo's first choice, and now hes pissed at Oscar for not getting the deal done. Well, that was the story yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Andrade is the best and most avoided MW in the world. Nobody wants to fight him if they don't have to.
            I doubt he is the best. GG'tG and Canelo both would beat him in my opinion, He doesn't bring in much money and he is terrible to watch. Jermall and Jacobs might beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              I thought Kovalev was Canelo's first choice, and now hes pissed at Oscar for not getting the deal done. Well, that was the story yesterday
              Sounds like Kov wants Jacobs type money

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                This is fuking stupid.

So DAZN was perfectly fine with him fighting fielding but now says Andrade is not good enough? Andrade has a belt, since when is a unification fight not good enough? DAZN approved GGG fighting a cab driver for fuk sake.

He already fought GGG twice, who wants to see that chit again. We know the ending before it even starts, another close Canelo decision.
                DAZN's first 2 choices for Alvarez were GGG and Kovalev. Andrade was third choice if the other 2 fell through. Canlo refuses to fight Golovkin and GBP couldn't make a deal with Kovalev. Canelo isn't interested in fighting Andrade so he walked away from a Sept. fight. It's his choice not to fight and has nothing to do with DAZN preventing him from fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Wish they'd screw me over for a few $100 mil.

Not quite sure why Canelo didn't apply for an exception though if the belt actually mattered to him. Last I heard GGG and Kovalev had been approved but Boo Boo hadn't been completely ruled out

Regardless... dudes taking DAZNs money and they want him to fight GGG.. not quite sure why he doesn't just get it out of the way. Consensus is probably that he wins clearly this time, regardless of how you saw the previous two.

Seems to me maybe Canelo / GBP is flexing a little to just show 'em he can't be dictated to, but what impact (if any) that will have on his earnings or who has most leverage here isn't fully clear just yet.

yea, he fights twice a year.... Sep/Dec..... who really cares

what this suggests to me.....

is that Canelo had no intention of facing Charlo... for undisputed

if Charlo was on the horizon (most likely after Andrade) then they would have requested an exemption from the IBF

it appears that being technically undisputed, is not high on Canelo's list of priorities

they could get away with fighting Andrade, but fighting Andrade and then Charlo, would have required a deal with the IBF..... which Canelo never attempted

he will likely just take big fights, and not necessarily focus on the hardware

now DAZN 100% know, that Canelo will walk if he thinks that they are treating him unfairly

I suspect that his December outing, and all subsequent outings..... will be immediately approved by DAZN..... because yea, not a good look for DAZN..... especially if Munguia, Murata, and Horn, are the fights they will approve for Golovkin

there is a HUGE chasm between Golovkin/Kovalev, and Munguia/Murata/Horn

Comment

Originally posted by NeloVsGGG-8 View Post
                    It's common sense, performance based. Hauser reported that the minimum Canelo would get for Mexican Holidays was $35mil.

For Fielding he got $15mil - Dec.

Why would we assume that GGG would make the same for Canelo as he did Rolls? GGG would get a higher premium pay, and knowing Loeffler, he probably stipulated a minimum GGG would get on Mexican Holidays.

GGG would easily get $30mil for Canelo, and thereafter GGG's pays would ration out to his $100mil balance.

Here's the problem, if in theory GGG is the biggest fight to make then Canelo should be getting more like $70mil. No industry reporters even trolled this because Canelo's theoritical highest pay can only be $35mil for 11 fights for 5 years. DAZN wouldn't give Canelo $70mil. Wilder was intended to get $40mil for one fight.

Canelo Fielding - $15mil
                    Canelo Jacobs - $35mil
                    Canelo vs GGG- $70mil
                    Canelo 4 - $30mil
                    Canelo 5 - $30mil
                    Canelo 6 - $30mil
                    Canelo 7 - $30mil
                    Canelo 8 - $30mil
                    Canelo 9 - $30mil
                    Canelo 10 $30mil
                    Canelo 11 $30mil
                    shut up you ****ing creepy freak........canelo is getting paid by DAZN and they expect value for money and if they don’t think they are getting it then they slap him down.
                    Canelo was ooffed out by HBO when they shut shop on big time boxing and had nowhere to go.....DAZN then bailed him out with a massive contract and canelo signed up so he knew what was required.
                    The ginger headed **** is a fraud and a diva and frauds sooner or later expose themselves.....this is the result

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      it has 0 to do with who thinks who beat who...

the general consensus amongst forum fans who dont slurp lil g is that golovkin cant do any better and alot of guys say theres really no point

for DAZN its strictly about name brand....golovkin is known because HBO pushed him...and he has two ppv fights with canelo....and andrade has 0 ppv fights and even 0 big fights

it has 0 to do with any perceived outcome of either canelo/lil g fight
                      The general consensus? If that were the general consensus then we wouldn't need to be having this conversation.

A lot of guys is a relative term here because it's very clear that a whole lot more guys think you're wrong. You can call them names or disparage them but in the end it makes you sound a bit juvenile. The majority of fans think that the 3rd fight is called for. Your opinion is different and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X