Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would put up the better fight against prime RJJ at 168? Canelo or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ggg is petrified of 168, why even bring him into the conversation?

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
      Hmmmmmmmmmm
      Both of them will get busted up. But canelo atleast have that upper body movement to avoid some heavy punches.

Compared to prime Rjj they’d both look robotic, especially GGG.. to be fair most would.

H2H only prime floyd or pac would not look robotic against prime Rjj. (In this era)

Comment

Prime RJJ whoops both. I'd favor Fitz too. He weighed 168 often in his career. Just tore his era a new ******* too.

Canelo though, of these two. Canelo's the more interesting fighter. I don't really keep up with the lower weight guys except for the fights themselves. Canelo's been on my radar since Floyd but also because of who he fights. I enjoy watching Amir Khan get KTFO, he made Danny G for me and when Canelo fought him of course I was happy to watch that. 3G has no analog. 3G doesn't fight interesting fights against interesting fighters. 3G is lucky I watch his ass at all.

Honestly, I think Tommy Burns vs Canelo would be pretty damn awesome. he went from the 150s to the 180s with 190 being the absolute biggest Burns would ever be.

Tommy Burns isn't often thought of as an ATG but the guy had 13 consecutive title defenses as the undisputed lineal champion.

If Wlad is to be considered "The Man" only after his victory over Ruslan then from that point Wlad only got 11 consecutive title defenses before Fury beat him.

The only HW champion in history with more back-to-back defenses without losing and while being at least "the man" if not undisputed is of course Joe Louis at 25.

After Burns lost to Jack Johnson he became the British Empire champion, the Aussie champion, and the Canadian champion.

And a caveat to Burn's loss at Johnson's hads is Hart himself. Marvin Hart beat Johnson before Burns beat Hart. Johnson then beats Burns later, but Burns, who fought so prolifically prior, only had six more fights after that one by the time Johnson beat him. He was old, and had beaten the man who beat him.

Mostly though, it'd be an interesting style match up. Burns sets a nice pace, hits hard, can take a beating, and is going to chin check anyone who fights him. Canelo's slick, hits hard, and can counter slicker boxers than Burns has ever been. The thing is Tommy's from the era that wants to walk through your best to prove you can't hurt him and then really damage you in return. Tommy has the edge in cutting the ring, power, durability, stamina, and performance during the heat of exchange whereas Canelo's got speed, accuracy, agility, retreating, and reflexes to bank on.

It'd be a good solid punching boxer with solid counters going against a good headhunter with exceptional strength and stamina. They'd both fight right in the pocket and it'd be a damn exciting fight.

Comment

I'm assuming Canelo in his prime and Golovkin in his prime. Golovkin would give him more problems because of his jab and better ring IQ. Neither man would beat Roy in his prime IMO.

Comment

Maybe this is a case of making these yesteryear boxers as beasts that no new generation boxers could beat.
            I'm pretty sure that if either Canelo or GGG timed Roy they could pull out a victory, in saying that I would have Canelo as the man to beat him with his counter ability skills.
            Roy beats both but not out the realm of possibility for both G and Nelo to win with the skills they possess.

Comment

damn.......

Comment

Both couldnt touch Prime RJJ

Comment

GGG is too one dimensional. He can depend on his jab for a while but RJJ will take that away too.

Comment

Working...
                  X