Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev-Yarde Finally Confirmed For August 24 in Chelyabinsk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    yeah...the guy gives middleweights rehydration clauses. I'm not buying that he's not giving any to Kovalev.
    You don't have to buy anything. Let's go with what is said for THIS fight.

Any reason to hate a guy....smdh

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      You don't have to buy anything. Let's go with what is said for THIS fight.

Any reason to hate a guy....smdh
      Not a hate thing. I just don't believe it. Jacobs was fined how much for weighing 172lbs in the morning weigh in?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Not a hate thing. I just don't believe it. Jacobs was fined how much for weighing 172lbs in the morning weigh in?
        Again, let's concentrate on the proposed fight at hand.

And DJ said he didn't ''sweat'' the 200k (or whatever). No pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Yes you can win a title at a catchweight but is it really relevant. In the LaLonde fight LaLonde was clearly weight drained. It was a good fight but do you really believe that Ray was a legitimate 175 pound champion off of that win.
          Well that’s a different point, and I agree

But it remains true, that you can win a title at any weight below the maximum, if the bout is sanctioned by the relevant body

Comment

Glad he's moving away from the Canelo fight. Like most of you mentioned, Canelo and team would have imposed a catch weight plus a rehydration clause. I think I was gullible to believe Canelo would fight Kovalev at the full limit without any redehydration clause. Kovalev, go get your money and don't let Golden Boy push you around.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
              Glad he's moving away from the Canelo fight. Like most of you mentioned, Canelo and team would have imposed a catch weight plus a rehydration clause. I think I was gullible to believe Canelo would fight Kovalev at the full limit without any redehydration clause. Kovalev, go get your money and don't let Golden Boy push you around.

Comment

So Kovalev after all was already committed to fighting Yarde. Yet we were bombarded with news about Kovalev vs Canelo fighting in September.

The media can't even put its acts together. They no longer make any efforts to find out about other things that are going on.

Comment

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
                  So Kovalev after all was already committed to fighting Yarde. Yet we were bombarded with news about Kovalev vs Canelo fighting in September.

The media can't even put its acts together. They no longer make any efforts to find out about other things that are going on.
                  The boxing media is mostly a bunch of vloggers who feed off spreading rumours.

Comment

Working...
                  X