No announcement yet.

Proof GGG did not duck Ward thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof GGG did not duck Ward thread

I keep seeing people say ggg ducked ward so im wondering if they are just trolling or are low information fans. Here I will prove that it couldnt have possibly been a duck. Just read these two statements and you will see the choice was easy.

Michael Yormak of Roc Nation, representing Ward, responded by pointing out that GGG’s team turned the offer down “in 36 minutes.” They had not known the Lemieux fight had already been signed, he claimed, and countered that since the proposal stipulated that both fighters would have one interim bout before meeting in 2016, essentially it made no difference to the deal.

wbc prez on cotto-canelo ""We can confirm that the winner must face our interim champion, Golovkin. It's a fight that has to happen, the winner can not face someone else."

ggg fought in october of 2015
    cotto-canelo in november 2015

Ok so meet ward in 2016 or the cotto-canelo winner in 2016...why would he choose ward? Maybe next time you will do a little research and instead of simply saying a guy ducked for turning down an offer you will look into the offer in order to see if it was realistic.

preemptive response to trolls: yes we know the wbc lied and changed their minds but no one knew that at the time.

Make this a sticky please.

Comment

It's impossible for Golovkin to have ducked Ward because they're not even in the same weight class.

Comment

follow up questions to answer:

if ward wanted to fight so badly why did he need a tune up?

keep in mind ward had just had a tune up in june of 2015 against paul smith. The offer was made in july of 2015

why did ward need another tune up?

Was ward ignorant about ggg's wbc situation and did ward not realize cotto-canelo were huge stars that ggg would surely pick over him?

why the 3 year delay between the time ggg said he wanted to fight ward and the offer?
        Last edited by daggum; 09-14-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Redd Foxx

only Redd can run up on this thread..

But I'll say this...

If GGG was interested in fighting Bhop at the full 175 back in 2013, and wanted Froch or Chavez Jr. in 2015 at 168,

and nobody from 154-168 could hang with Golovkin because sparring is the gospel of 10oz gloves...

Then why didn't Golovin move to 168 since then?

oh that's right, at such a late age milking out 160 seems the more logical choice, so if you lose at 160, it's better than being exposed 8lbs more with ''bigger'' guys right?

Comment

Originally posted by triplohe View Post
            It's impossible for Golovkin to have ducked Ward because they're not even in the same weight class.
            its also impossible given the quotes i have laid out. unless you expect golovkin to make one of the worst financial and career decisions in boxing of course. i guess ward fans expected him to do that???

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              I keep seeing people say ggg ducked ward so im wondering if they are just trolling or are low information fans. Here I will prove that it couldnt have possibly been a duck. Just read these two statements and you will see the choice was easy.

Michael Yormak of Roc Nation, representing Ward, responded by pointing out that GGG’s team turned the offer down “in 36 minutes.” They had not known the Lemieux fight had already been signed, he claimed, and countered that since the proposal stipulated that both fighters would have one interim bout before meeting in 2016, essentially it made no difference to the deal.

wbc prez on cotto-canelo ""We can confirm that the winner must face our interim champion, Golovkin. It's a fight that has to happen, the winner can not face someone else."

ggg fought in october of 2015
              cotto-canelo in november 2015

Ok so meet ward in 2016 or the cotto-canelo winner in 2016...why would he choose ward? Maybe next time you will do a little research and instead of simply saying a guy ducked for turning down an offer you will look into the offer in order to see if it was realistic.

preemptive response to trolls: yes we know the wbc lied and changed their minds but no one knew that at the time.
              Did he fight Canelo or Cotto at that time? Nope. If he fought Ward he would still be mandatory to Canelo after because that fight would have been 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                Redd Foxx

only Redd can run up on this thread..

But I'll say this...

If GGG was interested in fighting Bhop at the full 175 back in 2013, and wanted Froch or Chavez Jr. in 2015 at 168,

and nobody from 154-168 could hang with Golovkin because sparring is the gospel of 10oz gloves...

Then why didn't Golovin move to 168 since then?

oh that's right, at such a late age milking out 160 seems the more logical choice, so if you lose at 160, it's better than being exposed 8lbs more with ''bigger'' guys right?

cool story bro but please respond to the actual relevant topic. given wards offer, how was it a duck? please dont bring up irrelevant information to try and distract from the issue at hand. It was wards idea to have the tune up. not ggg's.

Comment

yeah, jubei completely disproved the ggg ducking ward myth a while back but people refuse to listen to facts. theyve got almost no dirt on ggg so they cling to the ward thing so much as proof hes a ducker, it doesnt matter if its true or not

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Did he fight Canelo or Cotto at that time? Nope. If he fought Ward he would still be mandatory to Canelo after because that fight would have been 168.
                    I already addressed this in the original topic but of course you completely ignored it and are trying to revise history because you wanted ggg to be able to predict the future. he was supposed to know the wbc was lying and therefore fight ward instead? stupid and you know it

Comment

Working...
                    X