Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Served Cold: Cotto vs Margarito2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto did **** margs eye up even more. Marg shouldn't have let cotto tag him so much. And yes, cotto did hurt marg. If you watch the fight closely, there are a few times that cotto lands that hurt marg. He just did a good job of hiding it.

Plus, Cotto has fought his heart out in every fight and doing so without cheating(peds or otherwise). Cotto has had a stand up career and deserves to live out his retirement with his head held high. #respect4cotto
    Last edited by spytactics; 04-06-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Pacman saved Cotto from taking another knee. The commentary for this fight was horicious. Lederman should have been shaved bald, stripped butt naked, and walked through the streets being shamed Game of Thrones style.

OP's thread backfired not only at that other boxing forum but boxingscene also.
      Last edited by GorillaDog; 04-06-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        Hind sight is 20/20, thus one can only speculate.

But from my humble opinion (which couldn't get you an uber ride to Queens) I seriously doubt it.

Cotto did everything in the rematch he should have done in the first fight:

1. Cotto didn't stay on the ropes trying to get a temporary reprieve.

2. Cotto doubled up on his jab output helping him set up more punches.

3. Cotto FINALLY learned how to tie up Margarito conserving energy for the later rounds.

4. Cotto boxed more effectively than he did in the first fight manly in part because Margarito was as one dimensional as one dimensional gets.

Anyone else want to add to this list feel free I know I'm leaving s h i t out.
        yes he did all that but he was getting tired and he was losing his form in the last round or two. marg was cornering him more and more and he was doing the same bounce around type of thing he does when he's trying to run out the clock(like against pac and the first marg fight) would have been very dramatic last 3 rounds but they sucked all the drama out of it by stopping it. he will never know if he could have made it those last 3 rounds.

Comment

I didn't like that the fight was called off. Even though Cotto was winning the fight, Margo was coming forward and those last three rounds would've been very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            yes he did all that but he was getting tired and he was losing his form in the last round or two. marg was cornering him more and more and he was doing the same bounce around type of thing he does when he's trying to run out the clock(like against pac and the first marg fight) would have been very dramatic last 3 rounds but they sucked all the drama out of it by stopping it. he will never know if he could have made it those last 3 rounds.
            Like I said, one can only speculate but bear in mind that by this round in the first fight Cotto already had a broken nose and took a helacious beating.

This time in the second fight all tricks were out of the bag and Cotto was coasting his way to victory on points before the stoppage.

But hey, f u c k the should have, would have, theories Cotto won and corrected what he should have done in the first place.

Comment

Like I said, one can only speculate but bear in mind that by this round in the first fight Cotto already had a broken nose and took a helacious beating.

This time in the second fight all tricks were out of the bag and Cotto was coasting his way to victory on points before the stoppage.

But hey, f u c k the should have, would have, theories Cotto won and corrected what he should have done in the first place.
              yes we can only speculate since the fight wasn't completed. thats the whole reason why its not really great revenge. it leaves speculation. just like froch-groves 1, ward-kovalev 2, etc...he took a win anyway he could get it but lets have a little nuance here and not just look at boxrec wins and losses. beating marg over 12 rounds is better than beating him for 9 and relying on "well i would have won anyway" the he would have won anyway is just an offshoot of the floyd fantasy fanboy who pretended he would have beaten everyone without fighting them. we need substance!

Comment

Crap stoppage, Cotto was on his way to a W but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
                  Pacman saved Cotto from taking another knee. The commentary for this fight was horicious. Lederman should have been shaved bald, stripped butt naked, and walked through the streets being shamed Game of Thrones style.

Margarito has been irrelevant since Shane Mosley beat down Pacquiao did nothing but fight a dehydrated inactive shell at a catch weight

Comment

Hind sight is 20/20, thus one can only speculate.

But from my humble opinion (which couldn't get you an uber ride to Queens) I seriously doubt it.

Cotto did everything in the rematch he should have done in the first fight:

1. Cotto didn't stay on the ropes trying to get a temporary reprieve.

2. Cotto doubled up on his jab output helping him set up more punches.

3. Cotto FINALLY learned how to tie up Margarito conserving energy for the later rounds.

4. Cotto boxed more effectively than he did in the first fight manly in part because Margarito was as one dimensional as one dimensional gets.

Anyone else want to add to this list feel free I know I'm leaving s h i t out.

Its been so long since the fight and i never watched a replay since so i cant argue the points you make but going off what i remember cotto was starting to tire and margarito was getting the better of the exchanges? Just remember thinking the tide was about to change

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post

I really don't have an agenda when I write these. I try to tell stories. It got ya'll talking. That's all I really wanted.

Comment

Working...
                      X