No announcement yet.

Any jazzheads on Boxingscene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any jazzheads on Boxingscene?

Anyone a jazz fan here? Any genre, it doesn't matter. It's all jazz music.

Does A tribe called quest count ?

Comment

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
      Does A tribe called quest count ?
      Tribe is cool, as is any of the jazz-rap type of stuff, I especially enjoyed Guru's work. However, I was referring to stuff like Coleman Hawkins, Donald Byrd, Mingus, Monk, Albert Ayler, Coltrane, Miles Davis, etc

Comment

Went through a Jazz phase a few years ago. Was listening to Coltrane, Monk, Mingus etc etc every day for the better part of a year.

Comment

I love Jazz. Fusion is my favorite, but I love bebop/hard bop and all that stuff too. Ornette Coleman, Sonny Rollins, Horace Silver, Sun Ra, Davis obviously, Charlie Parker are some of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Went through a Jazz phase a few years ago. Was listening to Coltrane, Monk, Mingus etc etc every day for the better part of a year.

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
            I love Jazz. Fusion is my favorite, but I love bebop/hard bop and all that stuff too. Ornette Coleman, Sonny Rollins, Horace Silver, Sun Ra, Davis obviously, Charlie Parker are some of my favorites.

I love all of those guys. Sun Ra is absolutely amazing. Hard bop is a personal favorite as far as genres go but I legitimately dig all of it. I've recently really gotten into Eric Dolphy, Ron Carter (the work he does on his own) and Fela Kuti and his afrobeat stuff.

Comment

One of my favorite Jazz tracks.

Comment

You got me playing through Jazz now

This particular rendition of What's New by Coltrane (ignore the video title) kinda touched me in a way. Made me want to pick up the sax myself when I first heard it.

~2:09 - ~4:07 (then goes into Moonlight in Vermont by Getz, which is also good)

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                One of my favorite Jazz tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  You got me playing through Jazz now

This particular rendition of What's New by Coltrane (ignore the video title) kinda touched me in a way. Made me want to pick up the sax myself when I first heard it.

~2:09 - ~4:07 (then goes into Moonlight in Vermont by Getz, which is also good)
                  Yeah man. That is a fantastic tune. You never go wrong with anything that Coltrane was involved with. I recently found his boxset, The Heavyweight Champion, at a used bookstore for $15 when it goes for $100+ online.

I've really gotten into Donald Byrd lately.

Comment

Yeah, mainly, Pharoah Sanders, Sun Ra, Alice Coltrane. Check this out amazing

Probably my favourite tune

Comment

Working...
                    X