Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Golovkin is 1 Win Away From Breaking Hopkins Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    In fact it causes more problems if you decide the regular 'World' title doesn't count - consider how many World titlists and title fights would have to be disregarded if we derecognise the 'Regular' title. Just for starters Linares would never have been a titlist. Broner wouldn't have held a title when he fought Chino - the list goes on.... The rule I use is that the regular WBO 'world' title (and defenses thereof) should be counted unless there is an incumbent 'super' titlist, in which case the defenses of that title take precedence. Course, though, you're quite entitled to figure it any way you please.
    The problem is if you consider the regular WBA title, then you are saying there are two WBA champions per weight class. Different situation here, but that's the can of worms it opens up. I mean everyone knew GGG was the true WBA champ, and not Jacobs despite him holding that title.

Golovkin didn't officially hold on to one of the four recognized belts until 10 fights ago. That's what I'm going off of.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
      With how **** Hopkins title defenses were... GGG's are even worse.
      I'm not saying GGG has an impressive streak either. But in terms of being overrated, Hopkins has him beat by a mile. Boxing scribes sucked his c0ck for years, mostly because of his age. He was a dirty and boring fighter.

Comment

Defenses of the WBA regular title should not count.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Defenses of the WBA regular title should not count.
          should has no merit in this discussion.

the fact is WBA the sanctioning body counts it. so it counts.

at the time of Bernard's defenses nobody gave him credit for his little IBF title either. It was just created then. However it is official and that's why it goes down.

So the fact that WBA santion counts it as a defense. that's all that matters. sorry for your butthurt.

Comment

That win will have to hold on, it won't happen with Canelo. Maybe another C level fighter just like most of his resume has.

Comment

GG has never become lineal MW champion. Wtf...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                I'm not saying GGG has an impressive streak either. But in terms of being overrated, Hopkins has him beat by a mile. Boxing scribes sucked his c0ck for years, mostly because of his age. He was a dirty and boring fighter.

you wouldn't know a good fighter if he punched you in the face

Hopkins > Golovkin..... not even close

not being aware of that fact is embarrassing quite frankly

come on

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  should has no merit in this discussion.

the fact is WBA the sanctioning body counts it. so it counts.

at the time of Bernard's defenses nobody gave him credit for his little IBF title either. It was just created then. However it is official and that's why it goes down.

So the fact that WBA santion counts it as a defense. that's all that matters. sorry for your butthurt.

more ******ed logic

any organisation who thinks that they can promote 3 champions per division should not be taken seriously

and neither should anyone who mentions Hopkins and Golovkin in the same sentence

gtfoh

how the fk is it possible to have 3 champions in a single division you muppet?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 956 View Post
                    Sweet science? Maybe in dodgeball. This is boxing but because of morons like u that like to suck nuts when a fighter RUNS you try and change words around. "He wasnt running it was technique and good foot work. STFU ****** he was trying to survive. To be the best u gotta BEAT the best. Not hope for a decision.
                    ^^Another idiot championing the cause to convert boxing into Rockem Sockem Robots.
                    And to add insult to injury
                    suggests that Hopkins, who has one of the best chins in history was trying to survive ???

U need to be lobotomized, and if they accidentally botch your lobotomy, I can assure u you’ll still come out, intellectually, in better shape than u r now.
                    Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 08-15-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      First, they had weeks man. I get you’ve never notgiated a fight, and I’m sure when it comes to fighters you think shot is magic because of promoters comments on Twitter. In a world where Trump May tonic ass can lie 4500 times and his dim witted supporters believe it, even when they directly contradict something else he said, one can be forgive for being so quick to believe every promoter they want to believe, they promote.

Second, They didn’t strip him for not fighting Derv on May 5th, that was never realistic. Everyone says they’ll jump in, but money wise that was never gonna be negotiated. Took them a few months to negotiate a fight with his own stable mate. Derv is a good fighter, he deserves a full camp and promotion. Vanes was a poor choice.

GGG was striped from r not fighting Derv after the Vanes fight, but who can blame him. Beating Derv does little in terms of money or prestige. Why not go for the biggest fight in boxing.

If Derv beats Jacobs then ggg v Derv is a much bigger fight.
                      First, whether or not I've negotiated a fight before (and I'm pretty sure you haven't either), doesn't change the facts of what happened. You can play the semantics game in order to defend GGG all you like, and again, I like GGG as a fighter. But that doesn't change the fact that Loeffler is full of it for blaming it on Canelo. They could've taken the Derv fight, it was right there for them. And what is with your obsession with Trump? You bring him up every time you believe you have some point to make. Last I checked, this is a boxing forum, not a political one. The fact is that unlike most boxing fans, I don't trust hardly any promoter in the sport, my motto is to assume they're all liars. I simply observe what's being reported, and draw my own conclusions from there.

Secondly, there's not iron clad rule that GGG HAD to fight on May 5th. Hell, they also Billy Joe Saunders there for a unification fight to be undisputed. Which is what GGG and his team gave as their excuse for not going to up to 168 to fight Ward. All Saunders asked for was that they push the fight date back for a month, and Loeffler and Sanchez refused to do that. If he and his team had been willing to take a unification fight, the IBF would've HAD to grant him an exemption.

Instead, they're so caught up in cashing in on a payday, that they're willing to tarnish GGG's legacy and even put his career on stall, just to chase Canelo and hold his drink.

Comment

Working...
                      X