Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua the kind of guy who'd be ruined by one KO loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a weak minded fighter like Saul Alvarez can come back after defeat, everybody can.

Comment

I can see him never being the same again. The problem is that hes really isn’t that great a boxer. Lewis was supremely skilled and so after being KOed he knew he had the skills to get back on top.

A big part of makes AJ any good is his self belief. I think a KO loss would bring about the end of him and I’m half expecting Povetkin to be the man to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        There's the type of guy like Wlad who took a KO earlier in his career and bounced back. Then Lennox got KO'd and came back strong.

I get the feeling Joshua is the kind of guy who would be mentally wrecked if he got KO'd.
        Johnson will retire if he gets knocked out cold... he is a millionaire

Comment

I get that impression. Physically, he'd be fine. Let's face it though, he doesn't appear to have a lot of mental fortitude. The guy couldn't handle the thought of a verbal confrontation with Wilder. His sit down with Wlad was pathetic. He is possibly the most physically gifted guy in the division but mentally I think he'd crack rather easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
            If a weak minded fighter like Saul Alvarez can come back after defeat, everybody can.
            Minnesota Ice Joey Abell is one of the stronger fighters. He's been KO'd a few different times and keeps bouncing back!

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              Minnesota Ice Joey Abell is one of the stronger fighters. He's been KO'd a few different times and keeps bouncing back!
              He's a water boy!

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                Johnson will retire if he gets knocked out cold... he is a millionaire
                Yeah he's already set for life if he wants to be.

Comment

Hard to say about anyone really i guess, you see when it happens.

He's had 'chinny' accusations thrown at him before he even turned pro and still gone about things in his own way.
                  Personally, I think he'd be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I get that impression. Physically, he'd be fine. Let's face it though, he doesn't appear to have a lot of mental fortitude. The guy couldn't handle the thought of a verbal confrontation with Wilder. His sit down with Wlad was pathetic. He is possibly the most physically gifted guy in the division but mentally I think he'd crack rather easy.
                    Doesn’t have mental fortitude? What planet are you on?

And your evidence is a face off tv show with Wlad and the supposed duck of Wilder being his commentator

Mentally he seems solid as rock from everything I have seen. The way he dealt with adversity in the Wlad fight was everything you want to see from a young fighter.

Comment

Joshua would be able to come back fine. I don't get questioning his toughness or mental fortitude at all. If that was the case, then he would have either got KTFO against Wlad or been content on losing a decision once Wlad took over in the middle rounds. But he kept it together and was never discouraged and came back with a pretty epic stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X