No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Menayothin Goes For 51-0 on August 28, May Pass Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    Down goes Chavez! Frankie Randell does the unthinkable ! A former Crack head beats the Mexican great haha lmaooooo.

That Jab then straight was perfect. Right on the button. Thanks for the memories.
    He trained 12 days for that fight . When he did trained he gave Randell a beating Randell won what 1 or 2 round in that 10 round fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      He trained 12 days for that fight . When he did trained he gave Randell a beating Randell won what 1 or 2 round in that 10 round fight
      Mhm you say that now. Smdh sour grapes.

I am so glad Kostya took it Chavez too! Go ahead say he was old, he was the WBC #1 rank at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
        Makes “ZERO” sense based on everything I said. So I will let you read my posts again and TRY to understand them. But Floyd isn’t better than Leonard or Ali or Robinson and never will be. Real boxing experts and historians all agree on that. Floyd had a great career just not better than any of the fighters I mentioned above based on all the points I’ve already made YESTERDAY.
        No. You are using guys as being prime or past prime as long as it's convenient. Floyd won his first world title at 130. He beat a young world class Canelo at 152 and was past the age of 35 and lost his legs. When Leonard lost his legs he was done. Only Floyd and Ali were able to adjust their style after losing their legs. A 35 yr old Leonard would not have beat Canelo and he is a naturally bigger guy than Floyd. Floyd was at his best at 135 or 140. He was just so great that he still figured out how to win with brittle hands and no legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwayne3534 View Post
          No. You are using guys as being prime or past prime as long as it's convenient. Floyd won his first world title at 130. He beat a young world class Canelo at 152 and was past the age of 35 and lost his legs. When Leonard lost his legs he was done. Only Floyd and Ali were able to adjust their style after losing their legs. A 35 yr old Leonard would not have beat Canelo and he is a naturally bigger guy than Floyd. Floyd was at his best at 135 or 140. He was just so great that he still figured out how to win with brittle hands and no legs.
          LOL!!!...I hear you, whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            A truly legitimate hall of fame great fighter in Antonio Cervantes. Cervantes is better than anything Canelo has beaten to date.

Carlos Palamino too was an outstanding fighter who's in the hall of fame and clearly a level above Trout or washed up Mosley. He's also a more accomplished fighter than anything Canelo has ever beat apart from Cotto but he was right in the middle of his prime and Cotto was far past is and a lot smaller.
            To date? I think Lara and Cotto would disagree. And weren't you the same guy insulting one of the greatest 130 lb fighters of all time in Genaro Hernandez. Now these guys, who were lesser fighters than Hernandez. Who by the way was undefeated at 130 and beat the great Azuma Nelson, get credit but Hernandez doesnt? Trout was also pretty dang good when Canelo beat him and what makes Palamino a level above him? Cotto is arguably the best win on both their resumes and who got that one? I know boxers got more hype in the 80s, but don't let nostalgia blind your judgement. Benitez also lost to some lesser competition and so did Duran. And Mugabe is only a good win for Hagler because it was a great fight. Hagler was like a 20-1 favorite before that fight. What Floyd did not do, and Canelo has yet to do, is lose to lesser competition like Leonard, Duran, Hearns, and Benitez did. Even Ali at 36 lost to Spinks. Thats worse than if Floyd would have lost to Berto. And you can bring up strategic fights all you want. All those other guys at one point or another, lost strategically picked fights. Floyd didn't and Canelo has yet to.

Comment

To date? I think Lara and Cotto would disagree. And weren't you the same guy insulting one of the greatest 130 lb fighters of all time in Genaro Hernandez. Now these guys, who were lesser fighters than Hernandez. Who by the way was undefeated at 130 and beat the great Azuma Nelson, get credit but Hernandez doesnt? Trout was also pretty dang good when Canelo beat him and what makes Palamino a level above him? Cotto is arguably the best win on both their resumes and who got that one? I know boxers got more hype in the 80s, but don't let nostalgia blind your judgement. Benitez also lost to some lesser competition and so did Duran. And Mugabe is only a good win for Hagler because it was a great fight. Hagler was like a 20-1 favorite before that fight. What Floyd did not do, and Canelo has yet to do, is lose to lesser competition like Leonard, Duran, Hearns, and Benitez did. Even Ali at 36 lost to Spinks. Thats worse than if Floyd would have lost to Berto. And you can bring up strategic fights all you want. All those other guys at one point or another, lost strategically picked fights. Floyd didn't and Canelo has yet to.
              No I didn’t insult Hernandez. I like him, have met him (rip) and know people in his immediate family. So that false accusation to try and prove a point is very disrespectful. He wasn’t better than Cervantes or Benitez though. Stop with that. Also Nelson was pushing 40 and clearly no longer in his prime. Still a good win though.

Cotto at middleweight in 2015 was clearly faded. He’d lost wide to a fairly ordinary Trout years earlier and had tons of miles on his clock. The Margarito and Pacquaio beatings he never recovered fully from and he was much smaller than Canelo. Believe me Cervantes in his peak is a much better win. Lara isn’t in Cervantes’ league either.

Floyd nutthuggers are funny. Everyone they beat they feel the need to bring them up and act like everyone was always in their primes when it suits them and dismiss anything else because everything is a Floyd vs. the World debate. Floyd never defeated one great fighter in his prime. Let that sink in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                Chavez got a gift in the second fight too. He looked like he was going to lose and got hurt and then the BS WBC rule saved him. The rubber match 10 years later doesn’t count.

Comment

• So that's who's been beating up all those little rickshaw taxi pullers back east

Comment

Leonard also basically fought like 5 fights in 10 years included huge layoffs (years at a time) and a ton of coke. You don’t mention that you just use age as the exact same for everyone to suit nutthugging views.

There’s been tons of fighters with massive successes past the age of 35 it’s not just Ali and Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      No I didn’t insult Hernandez. I like him, have met him (rip) and know people in his immediate family. So that false accusation to try and prove a point is very disrespectful. He wasn’t better than Cervantes or Benitez though. Stop with that. Also Nelson was pushing 40 and clearly no longer in his prime. Still a good win though.

Cotto at middleweight in 2015 was clearly faded. He’d lost wide to a fairly ordinary Trout years earlier and had tons of miles on his clock. The Margarito and Pacquaio beatings he never recovered fully from and he was much smaller than Canelo. Believe me Cervantes in his peak is a much better win. Lara isn’t in Cervantes’ league either.

Floyd nutthuggers are funny. Everyone they beat they feel the need to bring them up and act like everyone was always in their primes when it suits them and dismiss anything else because everything is a Floyd vs. the World debate. Floyd never defeated one great fighter in his prime. Let that sink in.
                      So Cervantes was how old when he fought Benitez? Far from his peak. And it was a questionable decision at that. Hernandez was not a whole lot younger than Nelson. And Nelson was the world champion so... And explain how Cervantes is better than Hernandez? Because it was the golden Era? And what is considered great exactly? Is great what you accomplish in the ring, or what people perceive you to be? Corrales was the favorite when he fought Floyd, even though Floyd had already beaten every top guy at 130. So was Corrales great? Or since it wasn't a war and Floyd made it look easy, was he no longer great? Most of Floyd's fights that odds makers said were close, ended up being blown outs. It's not that he didn't beat great fighters, it's that he didn't have great fights. He didn't have those life and death fights that Ali had. He didn't fight in an Era like the early 80s where boxing was larger than life like Leonard. He doesn't have some aura of invincibility that Ray Robinson had. But I'll ask you honestly, why would you want a past prime former 130 lb fighter to fight the middleweight champion of the world. Because deep down, you feel Floyd is so great that he might be able to figure out a way to win. And personally I think you missed the greatest resume in boxing history by my all time favorite boxer. Homicide Hank Armstrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X