Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This generation of welterweights vs the last.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
    By prime do we mean plaster Margarito?

In that case Floyd embarasses them.

Pac beats all easily except Spence and Crawford who would be competitive.

I don't think Cotto would beat Spence and Crawford.

Plaster Margarito puts all of them in comas.

Mosley had the power to make any fight interesting and could probably do some serious damage to the lesser former champs.

Honestly can't tell how Bradley would do.

Was put into a coma by Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
      Well the current era doesnt even want to fight eachother..
      And the older generation were not natural Welterweights
      True words here!

Comment

Originally posted by warrenchico View Post
        Spence, Crawfold, Thurman, Garcia, Porter, Vargas

vs

Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Bradley

...assuming each fighter has to fight all the fighters at the opposing team, at their primes, which team racks up the most wins and why.
        Margarito!!!???? wtf??
        The older generation wins easily beacause there’s only one truly skilled fighter for the youngin’s and that’s BUD.

How bout Mayweather, DelaHoya, Moseley, Pac & Cotto. A far better group.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
          Was put into a coma by Mosley
          But that was after his power source was taken away.

Comment

But that was after his power source was taken away.
            Doesnt that apply to Manny also? He was ko'ing everybody > then he started drug testing and NO MORE KO'S until he fought in MALAYSIA under a less than average if, any drug testing, then mysteriously his power returned vs Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
              Doesnt that apply to Manny also? He was ko'ing everybody > then he started drug testing and NO MORE KO'S until he fought in MALAYSIA under a less than average if, any drug testing, then mysteriously his power returned vs Matthysse.
              Manny Pedquiao is a legend so he can shoot up as much as he wants.

Comment

Manny Pedquiao is a legend so he can shoot up as much as he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by warrenchico View Post
                  Spence, Crawfold, Thurman, Garcia, Porter, Vargas

vs

Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Bradley

...assuming each fighter has to fight all the fighters at the opposing team, at their primes, which team racks up the most wins and why.
                  I have never liked the concept of a generation although I think I understand the meaning. The term is so vague. When does a generation start and end? Is it every 20 years or every 25 years or what. There is so much overlap with boxers constantly coming and going. For instance how is Bradley from an older generation when he is only about 4 years older than some guys in the so called new generation? From the fighters you listed I'll go with the older generation. Prime against prime I think Spence and Crawford are great and have a chance to beat anybody at 147. Guys like Vargas, Garcia and Porter don't have a chance in hell to beat prime Mayweather, Mosley or Pacquiao and a slim chance to beat a prime Cotto, Margarito or even Bradley in my opinion. The older generation racks up the most wins because overall they were better.

Comment

the top 3 fighters havent fought each other in the division and dont seem to have inclination to soon either. that tells you the difference between the two eras.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                      Did you not see what Thurman did to Guerrero? And you know Porter has fought Berto (actually, you probably don't)?
                      Berto been washed up for 5 years..?

We wont agree because I honestly believe these WWs today are below average. The 2 good WWs - TC and Spence - would perform respectfully, but the rest are horrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X