Collapse
No announcement yet.

I might catch some flack for this but Mikey Garcia is todays modern day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's willing to fight anyone but gamboa. if thats the case he gets mad at his promoter, demands more money, and his promtoer shelves him for 2 years for ruining his plans/fights.

Comment

Personally I think if this fight does happen. I think it will be Triple G vs. Kell Brook 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
        Personally I think if this fight does happen. I think it will be Triple G vs. Kell Brook 2.0
        I can definitely see that!!!

Comment

Spence fanboy overhyping Mikey to overrate the impending emphatic Spence win.

Comment

Mikey is an excellent brave fighter. I think Spence is a bigger better brave fighter. Spence will likely fight Mikey next since Mikey is calling him out loud and clear. There is no welterweight Spence can fight now who is as good or as important as Mikey. Mikey wanting to fight Spence is admirable. If they fight I think Spence will overpower Mikey and KO him. That fight probably won't ruin Mikey but it won't do him any good. Beatdowns never do a boxer any good. Of course Mikey might beat Spence. If you think he will and you bet on fights you will get good odds because Mikey will be a big underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              Roberto Duran.

Mikey doesn't have Durant hands of stones, his physique, his eating habits, or his sneer...but he has the skills and heart and the hunger to fight anyone 2-3 weight classes above his weight like Duran did.

Yesterday posters were overrating his performance, but Mikey kept it real. He had to figure his opponent out. It took about 6 rounds, and then Mikey just said imma test this guy and walked forward the rest of the fight. He got his nose busted again, but Mikey kept trucking until the 12th and left no doubt that he won going away.

I saw something yesterday. I saw that he could beat Spence.

Mikey specializes in fighting guys who come forward. He thrives against that style. Mikey has one of the best flairs for throwing punches in boxing today and even though I don't bet on fights...I'd put my money on Mikey to beat Spence and stop him or beat him up good.

We won't ever see another Duran again, but we do have a little guy who is willing to fight anyone at anytime in Mikey Garcia.

i agree 100% but in todays boxing world fighters like mikey aren't too many like him. everybody now wants money and easy fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                HE reminds me more of Haggler
                Good call out.

Comment

I don't follow this comparison in any way, shape or form.

Mikey Garcia resembles Duran only in that 1) they are both "Latinos" (in the same way John Wayne and John Lennon were both "Anglos"), and 2) they are/were both skilled, smaller fighters with ambitions to win titles in multiple weight classes.

They don't resemble each other at all in terms of personality.
                  They don't resemble each other at all in terms of boxing style.
                  They don't resemble each other at all in terms of the fan-interest or excitement they generate (or in Mikey's case--don't).
                  They don't have similar life stories.

And so on.
                  Last edited by GelfSara; 07-30-2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    Roberto Duran.

Mikey doesn't have Durant hands of stones, his physique, his eating habits, or his sneer...but he has the skills and heart and the hunger to fight anyone 2-3 weight classes above his weight like Duran did.

Yesterday posters were overrating his performance, but Mikey kept it real. He had to figure his opponent out. It took about 6 rounds, and then Mikey just said imma test this guy and walked forward the rest of the fight. He got his nose busted again, but Mikey kept trucking until the 12th and left no doubt that he won going away.

I saw something yesterday. I saw that he could beat Spence.

Mikey specializes in fighting guys who come forward. He thrives against that style. Mikey has one of the best flairs for throwing punches in boxing today and even though I don't bet on fights...I'd put my money on Mikey to beat Spence and stop him or beat him up good.

We won't ever see another Duran again, but we do have a little guy who is willing to fight anyone at anytime in Mikey Garcia.
                    His move trying to go to welter against a prime opponent is Duranish but they are nothing a like. Duran is also much gifted physically. Great power and an iron chin.
                    Duran ain’t chubby at welter either which Mikey would probably be.
                    Totally diff types of personality, Mikee is good at what he does, but he ain’t no Duran.

That easter would fold against duran by 6-8 rounds or even less

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Oh he is THAT wide open huh? Is that why Brook landed more flush shots in five rounds against Golovkin than he did all fight vs Spence? I mean Spence when he has you hurt does get a bit careless and is prone to getting hit with some shots, but he's not your usual pressure fighter. He's coming at you with a stiff jab and is a technical puncher.
                      Spence is better than Golovkin, but that's not saying much. I don't regard Golovkin in any significant way.

Ggg is far from PFP. Hes scraped by once KTFO Jacobs who go flattened by kitten paws Sergio Mora...and just got banged up by Sulecki...AND arguably lost to Canelo...a JMW.

Nothing impressive about GGG, honestly. So saying (a fresher) Brook landed more on GGG than (a washed up Brook) against Spence isnt that meaningful

Spence hasn't faced a fighter that can time and counter punch yet. Lets see then

Comment

Working...
                      X