Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Reminds me of that comic who had a similar bit where he asked why athletes never say "Jesus made me drop the ball. He hates our team" haha. Also reminds me of another comic, I forget who, that asked the question "if both boxers pray before a fight, who does God pick then?"
    Actually aren't many of them praying that both of them get through the fight with nobody getting killed? That's worth praying for. As far as victory, you have to earn that yourself. Well, a good cutman can help...

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
      we were doomed to fail because of Sin
      but because of the Mercy of God we find ourselves blessed

everything thats good is a blessing from God
      and anything thats bad is fruit of the sinful flesh
      but we do thank God instead of blaming Him for anything negative or positive
      coz only Him can turn negative to positive

and by the way Blaming is not a Christian characteristic
      Well said, sir...

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        God created both of us and He knows everything before it happens. So be blame Him if you have a problem with us, b*tch.
        In the Bible, the God character admits to creating evil.

His followers then try to change this to mean something else....

I'm pretty sure that twisting the words of your own god is some kind of mortal sin.

People of the Abrahamic faiths have to accept this - If the guy said he created evil, then he created evil.

The passage doesn't say that he created unfortunate events. It says he created evil. Evil. He created it by his own admission.

Sure, this creates some awkwardness for his believers - but they chose to believe in this crap in the first place. Either admit that he created evil, or show him the ultimate disrespect of twisting his words. Whichever they choose, they are going straight to Hell.

Lucky for them it doesn't exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          In the Bible, the God character admits to creating evil.

His followers then try to change this to mean something else....

I'm pretty sure that twisting the words of your own god is some kind of mortal sin.

People of the Abrahamic faiths have to accept this - If the guy said he created evil, then he created evil.

The passage doesn't say that he created unfortunate events. It says he created evil. Evil. He created it by his own admission.

Sure, this creates some awkwardness for his believers - but they chose to believe in this crap in the first place. Either admit that he created evil, or show him the ultimate disrespect of twisting his words. Whichever they choose, they are going straight to Hell.

Lucky for them it doesn't exist.

Spot on.
          Maracho is acting like a big Christian but I remember you saying he had pedo tendencies. Why did you say that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Furn View Post
            Eg when a player or team wins a game or an award they often thank Jesus or God or the lord but when they lose you never hear someone say.

"****ing Jesus screwed us today. He really wanted us to lose."
            Because they believe bad things happen for a reason....eg. Jesus being crucified and rising from the dead to "save humanity".

(God works in mysterious ways)

The Bible would of been a better book if every time something bad happened to someone they thanked God.
            The Bible would be the most sarcastic book ever!

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Spot on.
              Maracho is acting like a big Christian but I remember you saying he had pedo tendencies. Why did you say that?
              I recognised his name from another boxing forum, ESB, back when it had a lounge.

Maracho said so many weird and suss things that a lot of people put two and two together. Someone created a poll about who thought he was an actual pedophile, and a bit over a hundred people responded, 80% or more saying that they had all come to that conclusion.

I've seen people make that kind of accusation as an insult or something, but this was something else. It seemed like people were serious about it, and there were just too many people all saying the same things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                I recognised his name from another boxing forum, ESB, back when it had a lounge.

Maracho said so many weird and suss things that a lot of people put two and two together. Someone created a poll about who thought he was an actual pedophile, and a bit over a hundred people responded, 80% or more saying that they had all come to that conclusion.

I've seen people make that kind of accusation as an insult or something, but this was something else. It seemed like people were serious about it, and there were just too many people all saying the same things.
                Zaroku, peep this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                  Actually aren't many of them praying that both of them get through the fight with nobody getting killed? That's worth praying for. As far as victory, you have to earn that yourself. Well, a good cutman can help...
                  I just saw some cartoon online where both guys pray to win a race and it shows God talking to Jesus saying what do we do now, so Jesus decides to disable one, so they get to both win different races.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    Well said, sir...
                    Or everything bad was just a flaw in design.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      Because they believe bad things happen for a reason....eg. Jesus being crucified and rising from the dead to "save humanity".

(God works in mysterious ways)

The Bible would of been a better book if every time something bad happened to someone they thanked God.
                      The Bible would be the most sarcastic book ever!
                      It's already one of the most hypocritical.

Comment

Working...
                      X