Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do ya'll know many professional boxers in real life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
      Ah, that's right - you live in Japan...

They have a pretty sweet little boxing scene over there for the lighter weights.

Do they show Inoue's and Yamanaka's fights on local tv stations over there? Or is there an "HBO Japan"?
      Yep, on Tokyo TV & FujiTv.. I see great fights especially towards new tears day.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        I used to spar with one in California when I lived out there. C-rate but better than his record would suggest.

I chatted with Dicky Ecklund a few times at Mickey Ward's old gym. Stil crazy.

I had a great uncle who was a pro fighter in the 1950s.
        I still work today with all types of guys. I enjoy working with the pros more but solid amateurs always is great work.

Comment

Meeting and talking to, and knowing I think are two different things.

I have met and talked to a lot of boxers at fights in Chicago, but I can't say we were/are friends.

Angel Manfredy - used to go to a bar I worked at.
          David Diaz- sat next to him at fights; he introduced me to a bunch of MMA/UFC dudes and I bought them a beer though I only knew of Arlovski.

Fres Oquendo - sat next to him at fights. talked to him about how I thought he beat James Toney among other things.
          Adrian Granados- talked to after a fight
          Deontay Wilder- talked to before he turned into Bomb Squad and all that.
          He was quite humble back then. Talked about his daughter, etc
          Andrej Fonfara and his coach- talked to a couple of times. Usually about who he was fighting next and when.

Tomas Adamek- Actually talked to him for a while right after Vit Klitschko beat the crap out of him in Warsaw because we were both staying at the hotel at the airport as our flights back to the US were delayed. My dumb brother mentioned the Chad Dawson fight (I am like shut up dude, he lost that one). He was very nice and so was his wife.

There are many others. I met them. I wouldn't say I "know" any of them well.
          Last edited by jreckoning; 03-16-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post

And James Toney doesn't know who you are - I'd bet my life on it.

Than you are soon to be dead with all of your bull****! We fought out of the same amateur gym and even had the same trainer for a few. We later fought out of the same pro stable, Jackie Kallens Galaxy. I actually designed the Galaxy logo for Jackie when I was like 17. We were all together at our gym. James, Jackie and I.

Tell me more Cheek Buster...…...Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 03-16-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X