Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Force General: Too many white men in USAF, must change to reflect demographics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    so what are you saying?

is there some reason why pilots have a higher "white" ratio than black?
    Yes, lack of recruitment, which seems to be the issue the general is trying to address.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Yes, lack of recruitment, which seems to be the issue the general is trying to address.
      so you saying they were purposely ignoring black recruits?

The composition of flight squadrons needs to reflect the entire U.S. population, he said. Squadrons today, particularly fighter squadrons, are still mostly composed of white males, something that must change to reflect the country's demographics, he added.

was there some sort of rule or law that prevented blacks from being recruited into the navy pilots program?

Comment

No one is stopping anyone from joining. If anyone really thinks someone is holding another race behind is just race baiting.

This is like LEO, theres more whites than blacks. Why?

My buddy thats a Sargent just got passed up for promotion and a black guy with less experience got the job. His chief straight up told him that they have been told to promote other races over whites.

Comment

Good to see administrators asking the tough questions-why doesn't our employee roster look like the USA does?

The notion that minorities are not equipped or don't want to fly planes is ridiculous. Minorities have the same goals and aspirations as white people do, they just don't always have the same access to opportunities for a myriad of reasons.

Lets hope we see more of it until our jobs, academic institutions and our jails/prisons more closely resemble the demographic breakdown of US society.
          For a lot of the same reasons why our NBA and NFL do not look like the USA does.

Comment

so you saying they were purposely ignoring black recruits?

was there some sort of rule or law that prevented blacks from being recruited into the navy pilots program?
            Did I post that? No, so why would you ask if I am saying that?

The general doesn't seem to be limiting it to just black recruits but all minorities.

I don't know but that isn't the issue. The issue is outreach and opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              For a lot of the same reasons why our NBA and NFL do not look like the USA does.
              Sports are a meritocracy. Military appointments are not a meritocracy. Of course you know that. So the reason the NBA and NFL look the way they do is because the best competed with everyone equally and won out.

I don't think the general thinks that is what is happening here. Maybe you do, although I doubt it.

Comment

Did I post that? No, so why would you ask if I am saying that?

The general doesn't seem to be limiting it to just black recruits but all minorities.

I don't know but that isn't the issue. The issue is outreach and opportunity.
                really?

The notion that minorities are not equipped or don't want to fly planes is ridiculous. Minorities have the same goals and aspirations as white people do, they just don't always have the same access to opportunities for a myriad of reasons.

you literally compared the status quo of black/hispanics to whites there.

that comment is very false... people in general have goals/aspirations some of them HAVE NONE AT ALL why did you make it a white/minority thing I can only imagine.

and before you say anything else I know a few people (blacks and hispanic) they are/were navy pilots, a marine and a navy seal thats why I find your comment to be nonsense

Comment

so what are you saying?

is there some reason why pilots have a higher "white" ratio than black?
                  I am saying exactly what I posted.

Yes, there is a reason.

Comment

Sports are a meritocracy. Military appointments are not a meritocracy. Of course you know that. So the reason the NBA and NFL look the way they do is because the best competed with everyone equally and won out.

I don't think the general thinks that is what is happening here. Maybe you do, although I doubt it.
                    that is what happens.... you take the battery test right off the bat right there they just competed with everyone equally unless they somehow got an advantage on the test cuz they were "white"?

Comment

I am saying exactly what I posted.

Yes, there is a reason.
                      and what is the reason?

and no it wouldn't be lack of recruitment if so please provide proof for this theory

Comment

Working...
                      X