Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do ya'll think about Thurman vs Broner as co-main for Wilder vs Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good undercard fight, Thurman coming back from injury and Broner would definitely get up for this fight, if he wins watch out, if he gets his ass whipped people will still feel like they got what they wanted anyway. and Broner put the asses in the seats.

Comment

Thurman vs Josesito Lopez is more realistic fight.

They're probably saving Broner to headline a PPV or something down the line.

Comment

I'd be cool with that.

Comment

I honestly have 0 interest in seeing Broner on tv again, he never shows up to the big shows and always disappoints

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
            It will prob be Thurman Vs. The winner of Ortiz Vs. Molina Jr. As his comeback fight.
            Thats even worse

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              I know this might sound stupid idk but if I were Al Haymon or one of his matchmakers I would make this fight happen for several reasons.
              Thurman and Broner have both been rumored to fight before the end of the year but neither has an opponent announced yet. Wilder and Fury have never headlined a PPV in America and they need some big names to beef up the undercard. Thurman and Broner are both draws and they have the charisma to sell a fight. Obviously a 100% Thurman would be a huge favorite over Broner but after a long layoff and surgery he could do a lot worse in a comeback opponent. Agree or disagree?

I don't see it. Thurman would want a softer touch in his first fight back.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                I honestly have 0 interest in seeing Broner on tv again, he never shows up to the big shows and always disappoints
                Was exciting vs Vargas, but he's not fighting Thurman. He will fight Figueroa while Thurman will fight someone like Josesito Lopez next.

It makes FAR more sense to put someone like Jermall Charlo on the UC, or if you want some Mexican buys to put someone like LSC on the UC. Now, with the type of money Wilder/Fury will be making, you aren't going to have a blockbuster co-main, but you can at least have a solid name with a decent opponent.

Comment

I have a hard time thinking either guy would take this fight as an undercard fight. Give each a win within the last six months and it’s a crappy main event. Not saying I want that, but this forum has made me too much of an agent.

Comment

Makes sense for both - good payday and Thurman needs a tune-up or two

edit: not as a co-main for that card in particular or undercard though. Money needs to be right

Comment

broner is more popular than wilder so that doesnt make much sense

Comment

Working...
                      X