• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes

Boxers' good, bad or funny quotes.

The Ring Sept. issue provided me with these ones which I liked:

Bernard Hopkins: "As long as they got ghettos, they'll have boxing."

Harold Johnson: "Of course, I got nervous before a fight. Going into the ring is like walking in a cemetary at night."

Dwight Muhammad Qawi (on the powers that be in boxing): "They make money off us, but their attitude is that we owe them."

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
    Boxers' good, bad or funny quotes.

The Ring Sept. issue provided me with these ones which I liked:

Bernard Hopkins: "As long as they got ghettos, they'll have boxing."

Harold Johnson: "Of course, I got nervous before a fight. Going into the ring is like walking in a cemetary at night."

Dwight Muhammad Qawi (on the powers that be in boxing): "They make money off us, but their attitude is that we owe them."
    Thanks for sharing Dwight quote is so telling

Comment

“There are 49 guys that got bored to sleep on my record, so they got knocked out by it.”
      W. Klitchko

"I'm the Can man" I'm Afri-can, I just beat the **** out of a Mexi-can"
      A.Broner

"I don't know anything about that,i don't know anything about numbers , i just know what I can do....how about killing this Mutha F'er "
      M. Tyson....regarding Botha

"Well, when I think of steroids I think of an image. You have the advantage over someone, which is a form of cheating. I guess it wouldn't be right unless it was legal for everybody. Reason it's not legal for everybody is because it can hurt people seriously.
      E.holyfield

I wanted to fight Tyson…I would still love to fight him. In K-1, my name was one that was thrown at Tyson’s people to fight him in the K-1"
      Butter Bean

“I don’t like you. Why you walk up on me dawg!?, I don’t like you, I don’t like you.”
      J. Toney – After knocking the microphone out of Jim Grey’s hand.

"I'm 100 percent a woman's man. If he has worries about that bring your sister, bring anyone."
      L.Lewis ..before Rahman espn scuffle

'Iron' Mike Tyson is the last boxer who was truly embraced by the media. They followed him around. You didn't know what he was going to do next: bite you, cut you, fight you. When you think about it, that defines him - it was an exciting adventure"
      G. Foreman

"I'll be back"
      P. McNealey (five days after being pummeled in his fight with Mike Tyson.)

“Who told you I was yellow? You’re white Tommy – white as the flag of surrender!”
      -Jack Johnson

“Michelle Cecily Tyson is a sissy, he’s a ****.”
      Mitch Green
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-06-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
        Pretty much a mirror of society. "Those with the most important jobs get least" (whoever said it).

A mean one from (probably) 1974 -
        Muhammad Ali: "I've seen George Foreman shadow box, and the shadow won."

Comment

"The bigger they are the harder they fall" - Barbados Joe Walcott

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
            Muhammad Ali: "I've seen George Foreman shadow box, and the shadow won."
            Lol. I'm surprised that I've never heard that one before because it is pretty damn funny.

Comment

Larry Holmes when asked by an interviewer how he would like to be remembered:

As the world's oldest living man.

Comment

Iran Barkley, when asked by boxing writer Michael Katz what he would do when he retired replied, "I'm going to rob your house".

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                  That one really caught my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Iran Barkley, when asked by boxing writer Michael Katz what he would do when he retired replied, "I'm going to rob your house".
                    I didn't know about that one.

Comment

Working...
                    X