Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao: Is The Pound-For-Pound King Running Out Of Quality Opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao: Is The Pound-For-Pound King Running Out Of Quality Opponents?

After a dismal performance by Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander, two of the highly hyped boxers this year, it would seem pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao is about to run out of quality opponents.

Bradley and Alexander were candidates for a shot at Pacquiao after the Filipino champion gets past Shane Mosley on May 7.

However, the Saturday night event at the Silverdome in Pontiac where Bradley and Alexander were the main attraction, were nothing but a highly-hyped boxing event featuring two overrated boxers.

Although Bradley emerged as the better fighter, he is seen by avid boxing fans as a less worthy opponent of the pound-for-pound king.

With his dismal performance last Saturday, Alexander is considered out of the running for a shot at the Filipino boxing superstar.

A popular boxing critic Jac Butler says in one of his article comments, "Devon and Bradley are both overrated.They don't stand a chance against Manny. Good thing this fight happened though coz it's like telling the fans what's hype and what's a real challenge. But since boxing has run out of quality opponents for the Pacman, Manny can cherry-pick them and send them to their early retirement"

With Alexander and Bradley out of the running for the rare shot at Pacquiao, only a handful of wannabes are left with something to show deserve a date with the Filipino superstar.

With Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander out of the race, do you think Manny Pacquiao is running out of quality opponents?

Every boxing fan in the world knows Floyd Mayweather, Jr is still the number one for the race to the Pacquiao sweepstakes.

But the undefeated boxer has his own problems to sort out which include among others his legal skirmish with Nevada courts on cases stemming from his quarrel with Josie Harris, his former girlfriend and mother of his three children.

Likewise, Mayweather has been busy lately with his new-found career in the entertainment world as a movie producer and actor in collaboration with his friend rapper 50 Cent.

Aside from Mayweather, newly crowned BWAA fighter of the year Sergio Martinez and Andre Berto are probable contenders in terms of their individual skills and marketability, though Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum says Berto has a lot of things to do before he can land a fight with the eighth division champion.

Other than Martinez, Berto and hopefully Juan Manuel Marquez, no one in the welterweight division maybe considered as worthy or quality opponent of Pacquiao after he is done with Shane Mosley.

Is Manny Pacquiao running out of quality opponents?

Translation for this entire article: Floyd Mayweather Jr needs to come out from vacation A.S.A.P to bust Manny's a$$ before someone else on a winning streak that has a chance busts Manny's a$$ and ruins the mega fight.

Comment

Pass him some of your balls, if you have extra.

Last edited by al-Xander; 01-31-2011, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Do you really need to post against your own self now?

this must be what's called low self-steam? what ever happened to your confidence in mayweather? is it very low at this point too?

please don't hang your self, it ain't worth it !!
        Last edited by gapo; 01-31-2011, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I do feel that pacquiao is running out of quality opponents... And i would like to see pac move up another division and try to dominate it. He should ignore floyd (seeing that floyd is irrelevant to boxing right now).

Pac doesnt need to beat mayweather just prove hes better... (heck! he doesnt really have to prove anything at all)

I'm more interested in a Martinez - Pacquiao fight (It's more of a challenge for pacquiao rather fighting floyd)

if he beat martinez i think he already proved that hes better than floyd.

floyd is just a rock along the road... well.. a shiny well polished rock that nobody can ignore at least...
          Last edited by The Equalizer; 01-31-2011, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Equalizer View Post
            I do feel that pacquiao is running out of quality opponents... And i would like to see pac move up another division and try to dominate it. He should ignore floyd (seeing that floyd is irrelevant to boxing right now).

Pac doesnt need to beat mayweather just prove hes better... (heck! he doesnt really have to prove anything at all)

I'm more interested in a Martinez - Pacquiao fight (It's more of a challenge for pacquiao rather fighting floyd)

floyd is just a rock along the road... well.. a shiny well polished rock that nobody can ignore at least...
            Pac can't even fight someone coming off a win let alone want to fight someone coming off 41 straight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Equalizer View Post

Hell yeah,,, feed pacquiao to even more bigger lion and see if he survives yet again. Then face a coward slick american fighter.

Comment

let dog eater Pacquaio fight some weight drained opponent

Comment

Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
                  let dog eater Pacquaio fight some weight drained opponent
                  Floyd mayweather is a disgrace to the African-American boxing legacy.

If Sugar Ray Robinson were alive today he's most definitely call Floyd a coward and a discredit to them.

Comment

Hell yeah,,, feed pacquiao to even more bigger lion and see if he survives yet again. Then face a coward slick american fighter.
                    Exactly... by doing so he can prove that he's better than mayweather without having to go through the hassle to make him fight pac.. (in my opinion at least)

Pac can't even fight someone coming off a win let alone want to fight someone coming off 41 straight.
                    "I" think its irrelevant that some of them came off a loss before fighting pacquiao... the point is HE FOUGHT THEM. (Most of the guys that mayweather "ALLEGEDLY" ducked)
                    A fight is a fight & a win is a win. Even if mayweather fought and DESTROYED Pacquiao he wont get the respect he wants until he does what pacquiao has done... that is fight the guys that he "ALLEGEDLY" ducked in his current weight division.

Comment

Working...
                    X