Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao: Adrien Broner Fight is Next, January 12 or 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    If the Floyd/Manny fight is almost certain so it almost feels like AB is essentially taking a dive in this fight. I guess they couldn't sell Berto to the masses.

I'd much rather see a fight where both guys have a chance to win. I will be rooting for AB but he is in there just to sell PPV's and set up the Floyd/Manny rematch.
    That's his purpose here, but you and I both know that he's going to try his best to win this fight lol The build up is going to be priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      In terms of actual boxing relevance it has little point, but at the end of the day the sport is still entertainment, and it'll be entertaining for however long it lasts. And the build up will probably the most fun of any build up to a Pacquaio fight, too (because Broner).
      I think it has some boxing relevance. If manny sparks him and fights somebody like Danny after, that would be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        That's his purpose here, but you and I both know that he's going to try his best to win this fight lol The build up is going to be priceless.
        I honestly don't believe this to be the case. I think he is "taking one for the company". I will stay hopeful that I am wrong and we get a solid, real fight.

Comment

2 fight deal with haymon I thought it would be Broner then Mayweather. You don't sign with Haymon unless you have already been told by Mayweather that he is coming out of retirement to fight you. So the first fight was never going to be a tough fight with a elite Haymon fighter. That doesn't make sense because if Manny loses then the Floyd rematch doesn't happen it had to be a beatable guy that can make some money and Broner is perfect for that. Manny wins and he fights Floyd later in 2019 and retires.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            He signed with Haymon for a Floyd fight? What other name can he fight and win without messing up another Mayweather payday. He loses to Porter, Spence, both Garcia's and Thurman. Berto won't bring as much fans as a Broner fight will.
            Thats exactly my point! Thurman, spence, garcia, crawford, ramirez, heck even catchweight at 154 or something those are all more attractive fights that would bring fireworks and nobody I named is raising pac pfofile he is still a super star and is going to make same with either one. Im just saying bro from a consumer standpoint I want some quality and broner is a scrub.

And he didnt have to sign with al haymon to fight mayweather again
            Last edited by Mikedadon; 10-17-2018, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I honestly don't believe this to be the case. I think he is "taking one for the company". I will stay hopeful that I am wrong and we get a solid, real fight.
              what a ******ed post. big mouth AB willing to take a dive? did they pay him $100 mil? since this fight will be in the US, you cant use the manny is on peds excuse so now AB is gonna lose on purpose to take one for the company? log off, you had enough for today.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                Both of these guys just need to retire. What is the point of this fight!?!?!
                This is actually a fun match-up. Broner could win this if he got serious, but he won't. This will be a great build up and entertaining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  2 fight deal with haymon I thought it would be Broner then Mayweather. You don't sign with Haymon unless you have already been told by Mayweather that he is coming out of retirement to fight you. So the first fight was never going to be a tough fight with a elite Haymon fighter. That doesn't make sense because if Manny loses then the Floyd rematch doesn't happen it had to be a beatable guy that can make some money and Broner is perfect for that. Manny wins and he fights Floyd later in 2019 and retires.
                  the floyd rematch is 50/50.. manny signed in hopes to get the floyd rematch. im pretty sure floyd never told him to sign with haymon to get a rematch. this is all pac going out of his way hoping he'll get the rematch if he does this. right floyd floyd is juggling between khabib or pac. trying to see which one will get him the most money.

Comment

Hey, I'm down for it. Not a name I was expecting but it'll be a fun fight if it happens, you know it won't be a boring story one way or another. Pacquiao vs Matthysse was a battle of two guys with name power but both well past it, this is more of a fight of opposites. Pacquiao's years of experience despite an aging, shopworn body vs. Broner in his physical prime but with a stunted, midget brain. Based purely on physical prowess and what either fighter should be capable of in theory Broner should win easily, but we all know that the only thing he loves more than ****ing up fights he should be winning is ****ing up his train crash of a personal life.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                      This is actually a fun match-up. Broner could win this if he got serious, but he won't. This will be a great build up and entertaining fight.
                      If Broner wins, then no Floyd/Manny rematch and there is no way Manny signed with Haymon unless the Floyd rematch was guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                      X