No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: I Would Love To Make Crawford-Spence Fight Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    If you check my history,I predicted a easy loma ko for each of those fights. I even guessed the rd rigo would get kod by. Those fighters are far from p4p wins when you consider everything as a whole. I give Loma credit for Walter/Russel but hell no not Rigo,I called that a cherrypick.

Loma is a very skilled fighter & those guys aren't complete bums,they along with Lomas resume are FAR from p4p #1. Arum has fed him very beatable opponents til this point,& even though Linares was no bum,hes far from an elite p4p fighter.( He like most lomas opponents had been destroyed by multiple"bums" already before Loma fought them

I am honestly not hating on Loma,I am 1 of the few on here who judges fighters 90% on resume & I try to rate resumes objectively by using the same standard for all fighters regardless of race or whether I like them.☮️
    How many posts under the same article are you planning to post? Get a life, clown. Or a woman.

Comment

If you check my history,I predicted a easy loma ko for each of those fights. I even guessed the rd rigo would get kod by. Those fighters are far from p4p wins when you consider everything as a whole. I give Loma credit for Walter/Russel but hell no not Rigo,I called that a cherrypick.

Loma is a very skilled fighter & those guys aren't complete bums,they along with Lomas resume are FAR from p4p #1. Arum has fed him very beatable opponents til this point,& even though Linares was no bum,hes far from an elite p4p fighter.( He like most lomas opponents had been destroyed by multiple"bums" already before Loma fought them

I am honestly not hating on Loma,I am 1 of the few on here who judges fighters 90% on resume & I try to rate resumes objectively by using the same standard for all fighters regardless of race or whether I like them.☮️
      Rigo was literally a p4p top 5 fighter, Walters was coming off of demolishing donaire and was unbeaten, and Russell was unbeaten a former prospect of the year and has looked solid in almost all his other fights. You're talking about them as if they are journeyman lol. I know rigo was smaller but people didn't seem too concerned by that when they were saying he'd expose Loma

Comment

Spence must stop Crawford to beat him IMO. spence is not a very good boxer, but he is huge welterweight, not bigger than benavidez, but stronger puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
          How many posts under the same article are you planning to post? Get a life, clown. Or a woman.
          Who told you fâggots get a say in anything? Get back on queer street bītch.

Comment

Anyone else notice that Crawford is far too timid with his punches & looks far from an elite at welter? I HONESTLY think Spence will ko him,& even though I want that fight the most atm,I would be more than happy if he fights ANy of the ww champs; in fact I think Crawford vs Danny would be a 50/50 fight & vs Porter hed be at a disadvantage because he is too timid with his punch selection.
            He's not "timid" he actually doesn't throw that many punches (just pull up the punch stats). That's just his style (he's methodical and takes a fair amount of time to get off). I'm not so sure that Garcia is quick/active enough to beat him, and Porter's work isn't all that clean, so beating Crawford to me isn't so clear either.

However, Spence will stop Crawford for two reasons in my opinion: Pace and Power. Spence throws way too many shots and is just plain strong at WW. Those two things will lead to a very physically demanding night for Crawford. After I saw how Spence took those right hands from Brook (for about 6-7 rounds), I knew he wasn't a good fight for anybody at WW.

I compare this fight to the Hurd/Lara and Rigo/Loma fights for a reason. In all three of these fights you have one smaller guy who is slightly more skilled but has average to below average activity, and the other guy very skilled as well but is bigger, stronger, and throws a significant amount of more punches on average. Sometimes data can be useful. Unlike Porter, Spence's work is almost always clean work. Those punches take something out of you as long as they touch you anywhere.

Notice I'm not talking about "landed" shots, that's too hard to clearly quantify. But thrown shots from a sharp fighter, matter a lot!

See the link: https://www.boxingscene.com/spence-c...st-147--124598

Btw, he threw 48.25 punches per round last night again. There's more to the numbers than people like to acknowledge.
            Last edited by Butch.McRae; 10-14-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Spence is the easiest BIG win in boxing right now...
              (2 bad dude is retired)

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                Rigo was literally a p4p top 5 fighter, Walters was coming off of demolishing donaire and was unbeaten, and Russell was unbeaten a former prospect of the year and has looked solid in almost all his other fights. You're talking about them as if they are journeyman lol. I know rigo was smaller but people didn't seem too concerned by that when they were saying he'd expose Loma
                Walters/Russel were both inactive paper champ standar,& they both have done jack sht to be considered anything but stepping stones. Lomas fans will never judge fighters objectively compared to what resume others have.

Comment

My guess is that they will start working little by little.
                  I wouldn't be surprised if Top Rank gets someone like Danny Garcia for Crawford before the Spence fight.
                  Both sides have to be open to working together. Only way it will get done.

Comment

I hate Bob Arum. He represents everything that is wrong with the sport.

Comment

If Spence comes out after this and starts sprouting Network excuses then he a straight hoe.

There are no more excuses now I know Arum is a liar but I aint ever seen him call out someone like this and Crawford is clearly applying the pressure and wants the fight now.

Spence must now apply the pressure on the other side.

Comment

Working...
                      X