No announcement yet.

Is Inoue the most overrated fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    The problem is there are too many titles, too many divisions.
    A Japanese fighter winning a world title in those divisions is almost the equivalent of a Brit winning a British title.

They're winning world titles from fighters with handfuls of losses to journeyman. Adrian Hernandez wasn't or at least shouldn't have been #1
    He wasn't even the best 108lb Mexican fighter I don't think at any point and a guy twice his size beating him at the end of his career is not impressive.

These straps at these lower weights get past around like a slut at a party.
    Too often are journeymen winning world titles at those weights, fighters with few fights. I mean Sonny boy Jaro wins a world title lol, losses it instantly to some Japanese fighter whose beat nobody he losses it to Yaegashi who losses it within a year.
    Its always the same. They're often not world level just benefiting from boxing being terribly run and being smaller than everyone else its basically only them competing there.

Its not how many titles you win its who you beat. Since say 2010 how many just awful world champions have we had? Hernandez, Sam Soliman, Jaro, geale, Indongo, the guy that beat Jaro, about 40 Japanese\Thai fighters.
    Oh, I see. The problem is that you are a racist that thinks the smaller divisions don't matter

Comment

In history? Cmon Dan, I know you're not a casual. Roman Gonzalez is/was far more overrated for example. Crawford as mentioned already, people call him #1 in the world with a resume full of B level guys.

Inoue isn't even that known, I think he's the goods but even if you feel he's overrated, hardly anyone knows him.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        In history? Cmon Dan, I know you're not a casual. Roman Gonzalez is/was far more overrated for example. Crawford as mentioned already, people call him #1 in the world with a resume full of B level guys.

Inoue isn't even that known, I think he's the goods but even if you feel he's overrated, hardly anyone knows him.
        Inoue is only known in Japan or by die hards, yet he’s “underrated” haha

Comment

It depends on who he beats and how.
          I see it as a wide open division with no real depth, no outstanding talent and not a remotely great win between them. Just a set up for rather unproven prospects.
          He'd deserve far less credit than Usyk, probably somewhere around the same credit as Smith received yet he's already getting more hype than Smith post tournament.
          Smith destroyed Fielding prior, I class Fielding a cut above McDonnell in all honesty.
          Fielding better than McDonnell in what way? Certainly not resume or skillset

Comment

Adrian Broner did it in four weight classes. Just another belt collector. He's skipped through 3 divisions not fighting anybody.
            Narvaez? That guys almost a decade past it and spent most of his reign fighting cab drivers in Argentina.
            He was about 40 at the time ffs, a 40yr old Flyweight.

#1 fighter at 108? Who was that? Adrian Hernandez? He was #1, really?
            and tete just fought narvaez this year to a boring decision, yet inoue obliterated him.

the bottom line is most people here have only followed the western (us, european) televised/media fighters. & the lower wgt classes incl. superfly is something completely new. which is why most of you have never heard of these fighters. and if they are not 'famous' in your little world, then they must be bums..
            before chocolatito was ranked pfp king by the media, most of you probably thought he had never beaten anyone of note either. even worse, i'm sure the same people had never heard of srisaket rungvisai.

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
              Oh, I see. The problem is that you are a racist that thinks the smaller divisions don't matter

The real racists are people like yourself with racism on the brain that don't come here to discuss the sport they'd rather cry racism at any opportunity. I'm a fan of many smaller weight fighters are we really going to pretend that these lower weights aren't typically full of Japanese fighters and pretend that many, many far from truly world class fighters don't win titles in them very regular?

Here's a list; Sonny boy Jaro, Adrian Hernandez, Kono, Kameda, Concepcion, Igarashi, Hirales etc etc

The problem is so many journeymen\low level fighters becoming world champions and losing to fellow terrible fighters. Beating them doesn't mean an awful lot. That's a big reason why people don't care about the lower weights.
              "Oh he beat *insert some unpronounceable name here*'' like you're supposed to be impressed or something? Its like he's 19-5, 5 losses to journeymen, zero wins over top 10 opposition and won a vacant belt against someone even worse. Its pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                Yafai and Ancajas both weren't interested. And Adrien Hernandez was the best fighter at 108 at that time. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand. But you probably think Tete is going to win the tournament. Even Jamie McDonnell is better than anybody Tete has ever beat besides maybe Villanueva.
                that's correct

yafai/eddie hearn flat out turned down inoue's offer
                ancajas said he wasn't ready to fight inoue yet

despite inoue's many requests to fight chocolatito, he avoided and never agreed

inoue is one of the most avoided fighters in boxing
                which is why he jumped at the opportunity to fight in this tourney

Comment

Yep, I agree 100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    So what would you think of him if he wins the whole WBSS tournament?
                    I'd be impressed but up until now he's not done anything remotely special.

Comment

Jamie McDonnell couldn't cut it at British level (multiple gift decisions) suddenly he's fighting these absolute bums like Komeda that these guys hype to death for beating nobody and suddenly Jamie is such a massively improved fighter. No, Kameda is just trash.

There's another terrible fighter that won a world title in those weights Paulus Abunda. Two times is it? Says a lot.

These divisions are quantity not quality for most part. Very few truly world class fighters in them.
                      I mean guys like Lee Haskins are tooling them.
                      In fact many what in truth are domestic\Euro level fighters are.
                      Its like you beat any 8 fighters at all and you're top 10 in these baby weights and almost on the verge of a world title shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X