Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Style-wise, how would you describe Tyson Fury as a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really exaggerated about his elusive style. If you watch his fight he uses his size to disrupt a lot during the fights hence why most his fights aren't too exciting.

I wouldn't liken him to his cousin at all

Comment

I like Fury for his awesome personality but feel he's vastly overrated as a "pure boxer." He's really a big spoiler as already stated here with not many tools in the toolbox and little punching power. I'd be shocked if Wilder doesn't decapitate him.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
        Basic. His main asset is his huge size. He's an awkward spoiler which is why his fights are so awful to watch.
        Go watch another sport.

Comment

Fury is a pure boxer the likes we've never seen. His footwork, movement and feints are out of this world, especially for a man his size. Can't understand how anybody can claim to like boxing and not like him.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Also, any other boxer out there that you think have a similar style to Fury other than his cousin Hughie Fury?
            Journeyman spoiler coward

That is how i describe the racist biggot

Comment

I saw his first fight, when he was pear shaped. I’m not surprised he’s at the top. He’s awkward and he can box. He has cardio for days. Not heavy handed. He could make anyone look bad including himself. He has legit head movement. He’s hard to get too. Best be in shape if u fight him. Could be a long night. See what Wilder can do.

Comment

Dancing tower of blubber.

Comment

Clumsy and odd

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    He's runner, he can't punch and I'm not sure he can take a good shot! He has no defensive skills other than being tall.
                    If he can't get respect using his right hand against Wilder he will get beat.
                    The windmills everyone describe's Wilder throwing are extremely hard to defend. Those punches are more unorthodox and very difficult to see.

He usually gets wild when his more orthodox punches land. He has a good one/two and he can punch underneath with uppercuts.
                    He does get excited and thats when he's most open for straight shots up the middle.

We'll see I think Fury vs Wilder can be entertaining, if Fury starts to run then it can be a stinker!

Ray
                    Not a bad assessment. But Fury won't make it out of the first.
                    He sucks to much.

Comment

Awkward mammoth with switch hitter stance who can dance and move his head like music is playing!

Quick for his size and very high ring IQ!

Wilder is in for a very tough fight, but he does have that thunderbolt in his right hand which if it catches Fury then he’s tucking him to sleep!

Can’t wait for this, tickets go on sale on October 3rd too!

Comment

Working...
                      X