No announcement yet.

Seeing Spike O'Sullivan getting knocked out in round 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    He said he smelled fear coming from Lemieux and called him a greasy pos. Lemieux didn't look too scared in the ring. He talked so tough before the fight and then cried like a baby over the supposed weight difference. Lemieux really blasted him. He went down like he had been shot in the head by a high powered rifle. I didn't like him and was proud of Lemieux for ending it so quickly and brutally.
    It's the new 'Irish thing' since Mcgregor - every Irish guy now has to imitate Mcgregor, sort of like what Hollywood did for the Italians - now everyone who finds out they have one drop of Italian blood has to talk tough as if they are some Godfather-esque mafia gangster.

Really fuccing lame, I hate pretenders, and there are so many of them in the fight game today

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
      He got paid more than Lemieux somehow
      How in the world does that math work? Like Gary is a bigger name than David & earns twice as much? Lemieux made big money against GGG & BJS while Spike was last fighting Abreu for 20k!

Starting to think it might just have something to do with him turning down the GGG fight in May for $200k to line up a possible Canelo fight, only to find out he had to fight Lemieux first. Believe it's called a severance check.

Comment

I felt a touch of schadenfreude as well, Spike fights like a drunk but acts like he's hot ****. The only decent guy he ever fought and actually beat was Douglas. Seeing him try and play the hard man, get smashed in one round by a real boxer and then crawl away snivelling was pretty satisfying. I don't hate him just because of his facial hair, but it sure as hell doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
          How in the world does that math work? Like Gary is a bigger name than David & earns twice as much? Lemieux made big money against GGG & BJS while Spike was last fighting Abreu for 20k!

Starting to think it might just have something to do with him turning down the GGG fight in May for $200k to line up a possible Canelo fight, only to find out he had to fight Lemieux first. Believe it's called a severance check.

Maybe they needed a halfway 'credible' opponent for Lemieux to KO to set up the Canelo / Lemieux fight?

Comment

Atleast he went to war. And I'd rather have that stache then lemiuexs dodgy haircut.

Comment

Totally agreed Marmot. I would like these boxers to be held accountable for the sheet they talk before a fight. Like, make them sit down with Jeremy Kyle and go through every outlandish statement they made, interview by interview.

Comment

Was anyone expecting a different outcome? O'Sullivan is a very limited fighter and was tailor made for Lemieux stylistically

Comment

He known for kissing opponents during Face off, that's what he gets!!!

Comment

Still pretty cool.....

Comment

Just feel bad the fight didn't get to go at least 3rds.
                      (The KO was expected doe)

Comment

Working...
                      X