Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay Guida declines to pursue charges against Nate Diaz following alleged scuffle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Guida declines to pursue charges against Nate Diaz following alleged scuffle

Clay Guida and Nate Diaz won’t be meeting each other any time soon in a courtroom.

Guida declined to pursue charges against Diaz three months after the two were allegedly involved in a crowd scuffle at a Combate Americas event in McClellan Park, Calif., according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Shaun Hampton. MMAjunkie was the first to report the news.

In May, Guida filed an incident report with officers, accusing Diaz of misdemeanor battery. At the time, Guida’s manager John Fosco told MMA Fighting that Diaz shoved Guida from behind into a metal barrier and Guida split his lip open. Guida’s Team Alpha Male training partner Tyler Diamond took to Twitter that night, writing that Diaz slapped him.

Deputies responded to the scene May 11 at McLellan Conference Center, site of Combate Americas 22: Mexico vs. USA. They took statements from multiple parties. Diaz was in attendance to corner his teammate Chris Avila.

An investigation was launched by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department at the time, but is now closed with Guida deciding not to pursue charges.

Guida beat Diaz at UFC 94 in 2009 and had been calling for a rematch against him in the months and weeks leading into the May incident. Guida last fought at UFC 225 in June, falling to Charles Oliveira by first-round submission.

Diaz will make his return to the Octagon after two years against Dustin Poirier in the co-main event of UFC 230 on Nov. 3 in New York.

I dont get Nate Diaz. And a shove from behind? Clay Guida is like the most endearing goober in all of MMA. Ma! Meatloaf!

Comment

Originally posted by Bda31175 View Post
      I dont get Nate Diaz. And a shove from behind? Clay Guida is like the most endearing goober in all of MMA. Ma! Meatloaf!
      ^^^^^ LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Bda31175 View Post
        He always came off as slow to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kara View Post
          He always came off as slow to me.
          He is pretty slow in the ring.

Comment

Working...
          X