Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-12-2018, 10:09 AM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Evil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 8,087.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caught Square View Post
Just read the full statement on his website, here is a passage from it:

"The biggest physical challenge I had to face, however, was a spinal surgery in March 2015. I herniated a disc in my lower back 10 years ago and years of intense training wore this disc away. This caused fragments of disc to push into my spinal nerve passage, resulting in chronic pain and loss of function in both legs, and an operation was required to put a two-centimetre metal cage between two vertebrae and implant two metal rods with screws and bone grafts to fuse it all together.

I went into surgery 191 centimetres tall and came out 193 not a bad silver lining! but literally had to learn to walk again. This made my comeback fight against Mark de Mori (in January 2016) all the more meaningful, as it was only 10 months after such intrusive spinal surgery (as well as being my first fight in four-and-a-half years).

Ultimately, this was one battle I had to fight in private, and its only because the process was recorded for a documentary that people will one day be able to grasp the severity of the situation
."

WTF, no wonder he was so shot, not only did he have the shoulder, achilles etc issues but this which flied under the radar. In the weigh in for the 2nd Bellew fight you can see some weird mark on his back, I guess that explains it.

I was a fan of Haye but got frustrated over the years, this comeback really was a con job of the highest order and that's no exaggeration. Who ever bought either of the Bellew PPV's or bet big on Haye must be pissed.

He was a very good fighter and will be remembered fondly by most. You can't deny he brought excitement and a buzz surrounding his events.
I've never been a Haye fan but can you really blame the guy for conning the public? At the end of a fighters' career they are almost guaranteed to want cash out whether they're healthy or not. Sergio Martinez basically did the same thing against Cotto.
Evil_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 AM #12
Russian Bot

Quoted: 3822 Post(s)
SuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,722.29
No Message - Scott-Weiland Just folloed your tip and got rid of the dikdo Scotty sent me. Cheers! - kafkod However many points you need for Fury bet against Wilder I bankroll you all the way, the deontay fan boys and Americans gonna come hard for fury, pathetic really has he schools and knocks that pederass out. - Miley-Cyrus You were right, Fury is legit. Here's some cake for being a loyal Fury fan this whole time - KOVALBOXER for the uk link - Santa_ 
No Message - HughJass Thanks for posting the link la. - - Ram Raid - legend - jas Thank you for the kind words - 1bad65 No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Cheers, good sir! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Meat View Post
I've never been a Haye fan but can you really blame the guy for conning the public?
Erm, yeah?
SuperHanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:16 AM #13
CS*

Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Caught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,364.00

Quote:
I've never been a Haye fan but can you really blame the guy for conning the public? At the end of a fighters' career they are almost guaranteed to want cash out whether they're healthy or not. Sergio Martinez basically did the same thing against Cotto.
True but Haye took it to a whole new level, his injuries have been well documented but this spinal surgery was kept completely under wraps. He says he lost function in both his legs wtf. He really was disabled in the end.

Haye is an amazing salesman and con artist so he'll make a GREAT promoter.
Caught Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:20 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Evil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,087.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy Mashdown View Post
Erm, yeah?
It's for sure a big **** you to the fans, but at the end of the day it was a 100% legal way to make a huge amount of money. Most people blaming him (and I guess I phrased it wrong you can blame him) shouldn't be surprised in the least. This is something that's happened plenty of times before and it's something that I think most people would do. Haye LEGALLY made a huge amount of money. Not surprising, and call me a piece of shyt but I would've done the same thing.
Evil_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:28 AM #15
Russian Bot

Quoted: 3822 Post(s)
SuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond reputeSuperHanz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,722.29
No Message - Scott-Weiland Just folloed your tip and got rid of the dikdo Scotty sent me. Cheers! - kafkod However many points you need for Fury bet against Wilder I bankroll you all the way, the deontay fan boys and Americans gonna come hard for fury, pathetic really has he schools and knocks that pederass out. - Miley-Cyrus You were right, Fury is legit. Here's some cake for being a loyal Fury fan this whole time - KOVALBOXER for the uk link - Santa_ 
No Message - HughJass Thanks for posting the link la. - - Ram Raid - legend - jas Thank you for the kind words - 1bad65 No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Cheers, good sir! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
It's for sure a big **** you to the fans, but at the end of the day it was a 100% legal way to make a huge amount of money. Most people blaming him (and I guess I phrased it wrong you can blame him) shouldn't be surprised in the least. This is something that's happened plenty of times before and it's something that I think most people would do. Haye LEGALLY made a huge amount of money. Not surprising, and call me a piece of shyt but I would've done the same thing.
Yeah i hear you mate, and i would have more sympathy for the bloke if he wasn't such an insufferable bellend.
SuperHanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:37 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1224 Post(s)
alexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,908.63
Tim Lane replica medal for trainer of the decade - Mike D 

Despite all of his mediocre achievements he will be fondly remembered for his excuses for either losing, or pulling out of a fight.

I was looking forward to his 'comeback' TBH, but all he did was prove (beyond a doubt) that he was mainly hype with very little threat to the HW division.

Best win = Chisora, which pretty much sums him up.
alexguiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:39 AM #17
Interim Champion

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
MoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 6,562.00

I wonder if Russ aka BigVern44 will do an hour long video about David Hayes career and retirement. Hope he does the guy has some interesting things to say.

Hayes hustle game is no more thank god lol.
MoneyKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:39 PM #18
It's In!

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
F!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,693.00

Quote:
I've never been a Haye fan but can you rebally blame the guy for conning the public? At the end of a fighters' career they are almost guaranteed to want cash out whether they're healthy or not. Sergio Martinez basically did the same thing against Cotto.
Fighters also convince themselves because they don't want to accept its over. That's how strong the mentality of fighters can be, its something you need to reach high levels in the sport.. iron will, determination, and a belief that the impossible is possible
F!x is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
david, haye, officially, public, retires, statement, [video]

User Tag List