Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Two-Thirds of US public school students not proficient in reading and math

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
    Yes, mocking culture and education. Well done. Back to your moonshine, banjo and sister you go.
    sounds like a good time except for the incest part.

ironically, the UK is being taking over by incestious islamists.

ass up, face down 5 times a day or acid on your face is where you're going, chump.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      No, I said not enough financial resources went into the classroom, not into the school. do you understand what I meant?

I meant the resources went to things like pools, teacher's salaries and trips rather than textbooks and computers and things that help students learn and achieve.

At no point did I post or imply not enough money was spent.

I didn't move the goalpost in any way. WTF, where did I post or imply it was white people that spent the money poorly or it was the white people's fault?

You made up things I posted for some reason. why?
      Again, you're moving the goalposts. These are your own words, post number 13 and 17 in this thread.

Not surprising. Education relies on financial resources. Housing taxes are used to fund schools. urban areas lack housing.

Kids in urban areas are using outdated text books and are being taught by low paid teachers. They lack funds for modern teaching techniques because the resources have to be used to feed kids and protect the school grounds.
      How else can you offset the disparity in resources? There might be other factors at play here but the correlation between education and wealth/financial resources has been found to be quite strong.

In a country based on capitalism more financial resources is always going to be a critical piece to fixing any problem.
      You said education requires financial resources, then went on to complain about low paid teachers and lack of funding when you first posted in this thread and your response to 1bad65. I told 1bad65 about the Kansas City school experiment. It actually addresses your complaints. You then moved the goal posts to how the money was used. I then pointed out that hey it wasn't white people's fault, even though the school staff and higher ups were mainly black. To be fair, you didn't blame white people.

Anyways like many people with common sense knows, money can't fix these issues. The Kansas City school district experiment that ran through 3 presidential administrations proves it.

Comment

Everyone knows who invented the Internet. And he was an American.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          We need a draft pick type merit based system.... choose the best teachers...
          You damn right. it's not all the teachers fault but these unions is keeping these kids ******ed af

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Everyone knows who invented the Internet. And he was an American.

Lmao, I’m sure it flew way over peoples heads... DOD. Department of defense, and a lot of our people...

O
            I got one simple question for you, how stupid are these tools who know nothing, talk abut everything, and don’t know who their father is, was, whatever.... actually three questions but gimme a break...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
              You damn right. it's not all the teachers fault but these unions is keeping these kids ******ed af
              My ex a UC berekely grad, learned brail to teach blind kinds things was mad cuz she thought I was grossly over paid,, beyond butler.... I told her “teachers unions **** **** up simple things” and hold back people that really care.... her dad was at manzanar survivor... Tom Mitsuyoshi, a great man... UC Berkeley grad in farming and never had an unkind word... ever... better than my people... real man... he lost everything during WW2 and re earned it... p4p bro, number one... in my heart... I could not go to his funeral, but like 3000 people did, half of them were Mexican people, my ex girl Leah was mad at me for not showing up..... I told her.... it’s better I never showed up... never... she understood... it’s nice, wonderful to be understood... he was better than my people, etc... amazing man... he painted while at mazanar, and I hope I get real rich so I can show people the profound angst a man feels when he is sent to an American concentration camp.... 日本の。、
              Last edited by Zaroku; 05-02-2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

You got 20+ subjects about gender studies social BS etc. Etc and you got teachers saying that math is white privilege and you wonder why American students don't know what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
                  Again, you're moving the goalposts. These are your own words, post number 13 and 17 in this thread.

You said education requires financial resources, then went on to complain about low paid teachers and lack of funding when you first posted in this thread and your response to 1bad65. I told 1bad65 about the Kansas City school experiment. It actually addresses your complaints. You then moved the goal posts to how the money was used. I then pointed out that hey it wasn't white people's fault, even though the school staff and higher ups were mainly black. To be fair, you didn't blame white people.

Anyways like many people with common sense knows, money can't fix these issues. The Kansas City school district experiment that ran through 3 presidential administrations proves it.
                  I didn't complain, I pointed it out as one part of the overall problem. You are parsing it from the whole sentence thus changing the context. Please don't do that.

At no point after that did I post or suggest using resources to pay them more would fix the problem, which should be proof that you saying I was complaining about their salaries is not factual.

I didn't move the goalpost. My 1st comment was a reaction to the thread topic BEFORE reading the study the article cited. My next comment was made AFTER I read the report the article cited. When you read the article it becomes clear that the issue wasn't as much how much was spent but where and how it was spent. I, nor you, could know these things without reading the full study.

You did the same thing-you didn't cite race in your 1st post but then did after reading the study and finding those quotes. Moving the goalpost is a childish term. What actually happened is we both got additional information we didn't previously have upon reading.

Money can't fix every issue-I've posted I agree with that many times. You can't credibly argue that money can't fix the financial issues related to poor academic achievement.

Comment

Working...
                  X