No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas - 'GGG has't improved in the last 2 years. Canelo beats him'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Atlas - 'GGG has't improved in the last 2 years. Canelo beats him'

TEDDY ATLAS - 'GOLOVKIN HAS NOT IMPROVED IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. - W/ A GUN TO MY HEAD HE BEATS CANELO'

Confusing title and post

Comment

Canelo beats him but he picks Golovkin? Great stuff. Very insightful...

Comment

Oh great. If Atlas picks both of them for the win, then both of them will lose.

Comment

I predict a draw after listening to Atlas! Nah, Canelo takes this one.

Comment

Atlas has an exceptionally strong hate for GGG. One can only surmise that GGG must have slept with his wife/daughter or something of that nature because Atlas is the only ESPN boxing expert that refuses to rank GGG in the top 10 at all (an obvious attempt to single-handedly keep him out of the #1 spot by giving him 0 points from 1 out of the selected experts on ESPN).

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
              Atlas has an exceptionally strong hate for GGG. One can only surmise that GGG must have slept with his wife/daughter or something of that nature because Atlas is the only ESPN boxing expert that refuses to rank GGG in the top 10 at all (an obvious attempt to single-handedly keep him out of the #1 spot by giving him 0 points from 1 out of the selected experts on ESPN).
              Atlas has a strong love of being the maverick. Makes him stand out rather than blending into the crowd. As far as G improving he may be right. I'm tired of watching videos of G blasting the mitts and heavy bag. How about teaching him the nuances of in fighting. Get someone like Duran to teach him all the tricks. He will need it if he ever fights someone like Andre Ward. If he moves up his punches won't affect the guys like it does now. They are more likely to try and get in close and bang the body.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                Atlas has a strong love of being the maverick. Makes him stand out rather than blending into the crowd. As far as G improving he may be right. I'm tired of watching videos of G blasting the mitts and heavy bag. How about teaching him the nuances of in fighting. Get someone like Duran to teach him all the tricks. He will need it if he ever fights someone like Andre Ward. If he moves up his punches won't affect the guys like it does now. They are more likely to try and get in close and bang the body.
                I agree that GGG hasn't improved in the past few years, but I don't think he needs to for Canelo. Also, after seeing what Ward did to Kovalev, I cannot see GGG beating him anymore (although, I would have picked GGG at 168 a few years back). Dre is too big and versatile for G now. Have you seen any training videos of GGG for the Canelo fight? I can't find anything other than him running with the Abel Sanchez commentary in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
                  I agree that GGG hasn't improved in the past few years, but I don't think he needs to for Canelo. Also, after seeing what Ward did to Kovalev, I cannot see GGG beating him anymore (although, I would have picked GGG at 168 a few years back). Dre is too big and versatile for G now. Have you seen any training videos of GGG for the Canelo fight? I can't find anything other than him running with the Abel Sanchez commentary in the background.
                  No I haven't but ironically Golovkin mentioned that Able has some new tactics for this fight. Possibly they are keeping the sparring private? I'm still picking G to stop Canelo around the seventh round. One thing I don't like is all the talk of a trillogy before the fight has happened. I agree if Ward is allowed to bend the rules and G like most of Ward's victims act like a deer caught in the headlights he has zero chance of winning. Frankly if that fight ever happened I'd tell G to foul Ward as often as he can without getting DQed.
                  Last edited by TonyGe; 08-05-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    No I haven't but ironically Golovkin mentioned that Able has some new tactics for this fight. Possibly they are keeping the sparring private? I'm still picking G to stop Canelo around the seventh round. One thing I don't like is all the talk of a trillogy before the fight has happened. I agree if Ward us allowed to bend the rules and G like most of Ward's victims act like a deer caught in the headlights he has zero chance of winning. Frankly if that fight ever happened I'd tell G to foul Ward as often as he can without getting DQed.
                    I think GGG by TKO10. I heard about the new tactics, but I doubt they make any fundamental changes. I suspect they want more secrecy, as well, due to the magnitude of the fight. Interestingly enough, Canelo's side is allowing for a pretty open camp. I just hope the damn fight isn't fixed (either way) to force a trilogy.

Ward is a master of bending the rules similar to Hopkins, but I don't think G has a problem with "street fights." The problem is I am not sure G can hurt Ward at 175, and I don't think he can beat him by decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X