No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez Prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now

As he gets older/weighs more, he'll start coming up against 6' bangers with big reach advantage

Comment

i wonder if the triple g fight will ruin canelo

triple g put a serious beating on his opponents before he knocks them out

he's not floyd or khan, or lara, he's not going to run around the ring throwing the occasional punch, and he's not kirkland neither, he's not going to fight on the inside, he's a mid range boxer who throws brutal power punches without needing to fight on the inside

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        i wonder if the triple g fight will ruin canelo

triple g put a serious beating on his opponents before he knocks them out

he's not floyd or khan, or lara, he's not going to run around the ring throwing the occasional punch, and he's not kirkland neither, he's not going to fight on the inside, he's a mid range boxer who throws brutal power punches without needing to fight on the inside
        Canelo didn't get hit hard up to this point... In case GGG fights him at 100%, Canelo's career may derail... In case Canelo manages to somehow duck GGG (or gets some sort of a "friendly match" with him) then he may enjoy a long and fruitful career...
        If they fight a "friendly" of some sort, Canelo will be fine for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
          Now

As he gets older/weighs more, he'll start coming up against 6' bangers with big reach advantage
          that's true. a large factor in his current success is the size advantage he enjoys. when he can no longer drain himself and has to fight world class fighters his own size, he may no longer appear so formidable

Comment

Right now is his best but I don't think he's improved too much he throws a bit more than his time with Floyd and he utilizes better head movement so sure after Floyd he's got better.

Comment

I think Canelo will be at his absolute best at age 26, 27, and 28. That's if he's not draining himself down to 155 still, of course.

Comment

He can prime in his late 20s like Floyd and still be successful throughout his 30s.

Alvarez has the boxing brain required for longevity imo.

Comment

GGG will beat the prime out of him

Comment

I think he is prime right now...

The guy just beat Lara and cotto... Probably won't ever get better than that for him..

Floyd turned him from green to experienced,, GGG will probably be the end of his prime

Comment

Gennady will take a couple years out of him. I think he is prime now

Comment

Working...
                      X